Hi everyone. I own a Ingram M6 which I love and now I am looking for another machine gun. I would like an entry level Class 3 curio/relic if possible. If you have one to maybe sell me, please respond to this message.

Edited by tom silver

A C&R Sten would be in that price range.

...as would a Reising with a handful of mags

If your state allows them you could really expand your possibilities if you were to consider tube guns. A well made tube gun from Wilson, Erb etc. Is nearly indistinguishable from the original at about half to two-thirds the cost

That puts you into:

Reising's

Sten

Sten variants possibly Lanchester

Madsen

Erma EMP maybe?

Budget beater MP18, MP34

I am sure we all missed a few?

Bigger guns, Chauchat, MG08/15, MG08 and other Maxims, Hotchkiss variants, Madsen LMG maybe, Potato digger, Lewis, and a few others?

There is still some good stuff under 15K depending on where you look.

That puts you into:

Reising's

Sten

Sten variants possibly Lanchester

Madsen

Erma EMP maybe?

Budget beater MP18, MP34

I am sure we all missed a few?

Bigger guns, Chauchat, MG08/15, MG08 and other Maxims, Hotchkiss variants, Madsen LMG maybe, Potato digger, Lewis, and a few others?

There is still some good stuff under 15K depending on where you look.

Where should I look>??

A C&R Sten would be in that price range.

...as would a Reising with a handful of mags

If your state allows them you could really expand your possibilities if you were to consider tube guns. A well made tube gun from Wilson, Erb etc. Is nearly indistinguishable from the original at about half to two-thirds the cost

Thanks and if you know of someone selling a tube gun please let me know.

Where should I look>??

Well,

your ad here was a great start. Sturmgewehr, gunbroker, auction houses, SAR show, other decent gun shows, several dealer websites, machine gun shoots (the TATA shoot listed here will network you with other MG owners). Several other shoots round the country where some crazy folks congregate and often want to sell to pursue a different angle. You'd get to see stuff in person and see what really may interest you, vs. looking at pics on the net and reading descriptions and reviews that may not be so accurate? HTH

Where should I look>??

Well,

your ad here was a great start. Sturmgewehr, gunbroker, auction houses, SAR show, other decent gun shows, several dealer websites, machine gun shoots (the TATA shoot listed here will network you with other MG owners). Several other shoots round the country where some crazy folks congregate and often want to sell to pursue a different angle. You'd get to see stuff in person and see what really may interest you, vs. looking at pics on the net and reading descriptions and reviews that may not be so accurate? HTH

Thanks so much

Some of the guns listed are quite well past $15k now, and rising. Recent economic uncertainty, rampant inflation have already hit MGs with many prices up considerably if not more. Might be time to adjust your ceiling up $5k if you want even a decent example of these guns. For example, the registered DEWATs that I now get into the shop for reactivation are some ratty compare to not so long ago.

For some of my customers who have the financial muscle to spend more and who have been spending money on-difficult-to reactivate MGs to save a few bucks, I advise spending more and get an example in better condition that doesn't require reactivation. Difficult reactivations leave damage that is not well received by present buyers and won't with future buyers. Plus there are some smiths doing reactivations who do a lot of unnecessary damage to the gun from the notion that cutting the receiver in pieces and doing lots of machine tool work and making repro pieces are necessary and the only way to do the job, without finding an

appropriate way, and more time consuming, slower way to do the work and ensure preserving the originality of the gun.
just food for thought....FWIW