Morphy November 2022 Auction

Has anyone looked at Morphy's November auction catalog? Some of the estimated priced seem high.

There is a Savage '28 NAC on page 188 with "historically significant" accessories estimated at $85K to $100K and a Savage M1 on page 194 with an estimate of $45K to $55K.

https://issuu.com/morphyauctions/docs/flip_doc_nov_15-16_firearms?fr=sYTcyMjQ2NjA1NQ

No doubt those are some rare one of a kind historically significant guns. As mentioned others on this board have owned some of them.

But the question remains how do you put a current value on them? An estimate is just that. The actual cost to the seller should be used to determine the current value. Who knows what that will be.

Iit seems like it is skies the limit at this point as it seems like everything is going up. I like number 278.

Lot Detail - (N) SCARCE, LOW NUMBERED, COLT MODEL 1921AC THOMPSON MACHINE GUN WITH ORIGINAL SLING SWIVELS AND PENNSYLVANIA STATE POLICE PROVENANCE (CURIO & RELIC). (morphyauctions.com)

This auction has a lot of Thompsons listed and it is interesting how many they have. Good Stuff!

• Upvote 1

I have a model 1928 A1 with a Savage serial number registered on a form 4 i will be taking to the Big Sandy machine gun Shoot this weekend If someone is in need of one of these historic weapons I can sell it for 27K Come on out and kick the tires

• 2 weeks later...

There are 4 Colt Thompsons and 3 Savage and I have sold and bought from Morphys in the last 3 years and have been very pleased with them 

no disappointments

If you have any questions call them and ask for John Keen a super knowledgeable wealth of machine gun knowledge who wont blow smoke

• Upvote 1