Yugo M49 9mm magazine adapter

BPinFL

I've been following the PPSH mag adapter thread, glad MM found one.

Any of you guys familiar with the Yugo 9mm adapter? Fit is very tight in the gun and magwell.  Haven't taken the file to it yet. Wondering if anyone has one and how it works.

Thanks for the board! BP

I have a Yugo 49/57 but I am unaware of a 9mm adapter.  Due to some additional gunsmithing required I've only tried the 9mm barrel once but in an admittedly limited test the gun seemed to run just fine in 9 with the PPSh mags.

What magazine does the adapter fit?

Part of the reason I am working on a new adapter is I have 3 PPSH41's and two Yugo 49/57's to build...... ;D and very few 41 mags, only a dozen or so sticks and drums.....I have a shitload of sten mags.... :D and while I have around 15k of tok ammo....saving it for DI 7.62 x 25 AR's. Also have a mod follower and insert on the to do list for PPS43 mags to 9mm, The Tokarec mags will feed 9mm fine,,,,,but my experience has been less than 100% reliably.

Edited by Mad Machinist

On 12/16/2022 at 7:16 AM, StrangeRanger said:

Are the adapters available?  If so from whom?

It is on my list to do ......have material on hand......just need the time. Planning on making a small run of them that will use a sten mag for PPSh41 and Yugo 49/57, I'll give you a shout when I get them made.......

Edited by Mad Machinist