M1a1 Buttplate

17 minutes ago, anjong-ni said:

The Kahr M1 plate has no oil-bottle-door in the back if that's important to your needs.   ...Phil

Nah for now. But will it fit? Thank you. 

To be honest not a fan of Gunbroker. A lot of shill bidders on there. Not sure of going prices. I have seen them from $20-$150? Would like to buy from a member  on here or a site if applicable. 

Gunbroker has been running higher, I got some GIs with doors for 30 each....and I remember the price because I've seen them upwards of 80 on gunbroker. I have to get some sleep but I'll check one piece in my armory and see if it looks like a match.  I remember the piece in the armory becasue the plate is too small for the Thompson stock that is either USGI or a stock made to USGI dimension.  I didn't notice the substantial size difference until I had several guns lined up and was looking at like 5 butts all together...get it, I was looking at butts.

If you don't care about things like doors and the like, dm me, because I put some time into solving the problem you describe.

10 hours ago, komodoj said:

Anyone know if this will fit the WWII variant M1a1? Since buttplates are Hens teeth? 

https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/firearm-parts/thompson-m1sb-5-buttplate-27-5-t1.asp

I found some chatter on this board about parts interchangeability....and one member in 2006 asserted this:

(All of the new Kahr semi-autos I've seen used M1 buttstocks.) 

This question has been covered so many times, be assured you can find the answer in the forum archives, or just wait for everyone to wake up this morning....

2 hours ago, Steelflood said:

Gunbroker has been running higher, I got some GIs with doors for 30 each....and I remember the price because I've seen them upwards of 80 on gunbroker. I have to get some sleep but I'll check one piece in my armory and see if it looks like a match.  I remember the piece in the armory becasue the plate is too small for the Thompson stock that is either USGI or a stock made to USGI dimension.  I didn't notice the substantial size difference until I had several guns lined up and was looking at like 5 butts all together...get it, I was looking at butts.

If you don't care about things like doors and the like, dm me, because I put some time into solving the problem you describe.

Dm sent

21 minutes ago, Motorcar said:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/969781185

I know you said you don't like Gunbroker but....it's not mine just passing it along.

Thank you. Way higher than I want to pay. Worse case scenario if I can’t find one for a “Fair” price I’ll make one. 

On 2/8/2023 at 5:22 AM, Steelflood said:

I found some chatter on this board about parts interchangeability....and one member in 2006 asserted this:

(All of the new Kahr semi-autos I've seen used M1 buttstocks.) 

This question has been covered so many times, be assured you can find the answer in the forum archives, or just wait for everyone to wake up this morning....

I pulled the plate off my Kahr Semi M1 and it did infact have a GI but stock with the hole for the oil bottle behind it. 

20 hours ago, signal_4 said:

I pulled the plate off my Kahr Semi M1 and it did infact have a GI but stock with the hole for the oil bottle behind it. 

I didn't think to confim that 

I just started using some software that you just make an outline, then it accepts any form of data, pdf, video, webpage grab, anything, like this.