Using a FBP recoil assembly in my MP40

I have an fpb bolt in my MP38 and it works flawless. I also used it in my MP40 I previously owned. You need to swap out the spring for an aftermarket spring or use an original spring. You can also modify it as mentioned above. I even welded up and. Reshaped the handle to resemble the MP38 type. 

I ordered a firing pin from them and got something that was not an MP40 pin. They were very nice to promise to ship me the correct one, I'm still waiting on it but have every reason to believe it will arrive.  I need a replacement bolt however, and they are selling for over $1000, where I've been able to find one.

Yep, just like what I had but let go with my transferable MP40 backing 2020. Oh well...

• 1 month later...

I run a FBP bolt+spring set up in my MP40 (a Reenactor advised me to do this as we'd be putting a lot of brass through it, and FBP bolts were $100 or so at the time) - it is set up for motion picture blanks (Atlantic Wall full flash) and has NEVER faltered.

Literally one of the most consistent firers in the armory.

We have had to replace the ejector which broke, but that is another story.

(*Yeah, I used an original slab sided mag on a movie, screw it, they were made to shoot.)

MV5BZjAyNWJkYzgtZDc2Ny00YTRkLTk4NWYtNGVhZTAyYzQ1NzNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQVRoaXJkUGFydHlJbmdlc3Rpb25Xb3JrZmxvdw@@._V1_QL75_UX500_CR0,0,500,281_.jpg

And the day the ejector broke:

mqdefault.jpg

Edited by pitfighter