Bumper plug guide rod broke..

fartsalot

I was taking the gun apart to make the firing pin modification and found the bumper guide pin separated from the plug.   It looks like a one piece part    

Where can I get a replacement or can I get the rod welded back on the plug?   I have a very good smith at my disposal who works wonders ?

Edited by fartsalot
Kant Type

I might add that I put the gun back together minus the guide rod and it shot ok,, at least 4 FA rounds worth.   What harm could come from not having the guide rod in place ?      Monday I will take the two parts and see if the smith can tig weld the rod back in place,,   somewhere I read the plug and guide rod are separate parts vs all in one, but finding a replacement is the right thing to do of course.

You could have your broken plug machined to accept the guide rod from a later style two piece plug. The rod is listed as available from Keystone. 

https://keystonearms.com/product/reising-bumper-plug-guide-rod/

I would not shoot the gun without the guide rod present as there is a high probability the the spring will kink without the guide rod supporting it.

Edited by tommyboy

8 hours ago, tommyboy said:

You could have your broken plug machined to accept the guide rod from a later style two piece plug. The rod is listed as available from Keystone. 

https://keystonearms.com/product/reising-bumper-plug-guide-rod/

I would not shoot the gun without the guide rod present as there is a high probability the the spring will kink without the guide rod supporting it.

I found the guide rode from keystone and  Numrich  had one plug,,, I bought 2 rods from keystone and the plug from Numrich,, success I hope.