Mp40 frangible ammo

Has anyone tried 100gr frangible ammo in the MP40?  Did it work?  I am worried about the shape of the round causing feeding issues.  And the weight might cause cycling issues.  Tried searching but all I found was COD posts.

Edited by cavalry

23 hours ago, cavalry said:

Has anyone tried 100gr frangible ammo in the MP40?  Did it work?  I am worried about the shape of the round causing feeding issues.  And the weight might cause cycling issues.  Tried searching but all I found was COD posts.

Why would you shoot frangible ammo when the real stuff is so cheap? Does it require any type of modification in order to make the gun cycle? And most importantly, where did you find the frangible ammo? Cost?

On 6/6/2023 at 10:39 AM, cavalry said:

Pics?

44 minutes ago, Rekraps said:

Why would you shoot frangible ammo when the real stuff is so cheap? Does it require any type of modification in order to make the gun cycle? And most importantly, where did you find the frangible ammo? Cost?

Because I am worried about ricochets if I shoot into rocks. I am thinking some frangible ammo can save me needing to build an expensive, time consuming range.  This is not about ammo cost obviously, it’s about range area prep time.  And guess how much sweat that will cost me.  It ain’t 60 cents a round that’s for sure.

1 hour ago, cavalry said:

Because I am worried about ricochets if I shoot into rocks. I am thinking some frangible ammo can save me needing to build an expensive, time consuming range.  This is not about ammo cost obviously, it’s about range area prep time.  And guess how much sweat that will cost me.  It ain’t 60 cents a round that’s for sure.

Got it. Is it hearing safe or do you need to wear ears?