Eliot Ness Museum

Paid a visit to the Eliot Ness Museum In Coudersport, Pa over the weekend noticed this little toy Thompson in a display case. The toy Tommy is about 6 inches in length with a drum enclosed in a metal case. First time I have ever seen one like this. Anyone else know anything about it?

IMG_1260.jpeg

• Like 1

Had one new in case sold it around 20 years ago with   Thompson stick pins and tie clips.and a little metal around 6 inch cap fire thompson. along with some 1950s squirtguns thompson models with vertical and horiz. hand guards and grips.i had a a lot of that stuff when I owned Chicago typewriter company, and sold it to "Heres Chicago" on michigan ave at the water tower.old History early 90s.

2 hours ago, reichstall said:

That like 15 miles from me i guess i need to visit strange how locals don't know local things lol

Worth a visit for sure especially if you live that close. Call ahead to make an appointment with Steve Green. Eliot Ness Festival is 14 to 16Jul2023. Just search Eliot Ness festival for events and information about the museum as well. Very interesting history on the Eliot Ness and the Untouchables who helped take down Al Capone.

I have one of those in my "Toy Thompson" collection. I believe it's new in a blister pack with a paper back but not sure.....

I picked mine up back in maybe 2000 off of EvilBay......can't recall the price but a toy company called Galoob is listed on the toy description card......also says they were made in 1989.  it's pretty detailed but the little case looks like a copy of a Zero Halliburton.

john

Edited by john
Sp

Galoob distributed the micromachine toy line in the late 80s and 90s. My mom worked for a toy inventor in eastern WI who designed the micromachine line. I remember as a kid telling him how it would be neat to have micromachine trains, and about a year later he had them on the shelves. Unfortunately I did not get a cut of that design profits but I was happy to play with the trains. This inventor, Clem Hedeen, has a website talking about his history with Galoob. Not sure if he was involved in the mini Thompson but if not he probably would know who to ask. Looks like Hasbro bought Galoob in the early 2000s.

Clem's website: http://www.funcitytoys.com/index.html

Website has contact info.

On 6/20/2023 at 12:27 AM, Tiz said:
On 6/20/2023 at 12:27 AM, Tiz said:

Anyone else know anything about it?

I used had one. Here a photo with original packaging

galoob.jpg