Repro FBI cases for sale with correct dimensions

IMA have been selling them for over 10 years now, I bought mine back in 2013. Here is a previous post on the subject of the IMA Repro FBI cases.

Stay safe

Richard

Only 20rd mags will fit in the stick mag slot. If you try and put 30rounders inside, you cannot close the lid. Other than that they are not bad. Read the reviews, I would say that they accurately represent the quality of the case.

6 hours ago, rpbcps said:

IMA have been selling them for over 10 years now, I bought mine back in 2013. Here is a previous post on the subject of the IMA Repro FBI cases.

Stay safe

Richard

I had been hoping to buy one, but I had seen these in stock with IMA or anyone else for quite a while other than the Kahr cases designed to fit their sem-auto Thompsons with 16" barrels.

Depending on the quality you are looking for... Greg Fox makes excellent hard cases to order.

I am a repeat customer for him, bought two cases already, and on hindsight I should have ordered an FBI case from him, rather than from IMA. 

My IMA case serves it purpose though, no complaints, but Greg's are better quality. Here is an example posted by Troy..although Police style rather than FBI.

Another happy customer of Greg's.

Richard

6 hours ago, rpbcps said:

Depending on the quality you are looking for... Greg Fox makes excellent hard cases to order.

I am a repeat customer for him, bought two cases already, and on hindsight I should have ordered an FBI case from him, rather than from IMA. 

My IMA case serves it purpose though, no complaints, but Greg's are better quality. Here is an example posted by Troy..although Police style rather than FBI.

Another happy customer of Greg's.

Richard

Darn, Wish I had known ... How much does Greg charge for his cases?

Attached is a picture of my IMA FBI case, bought back in 2013.

Reproduction FBI case.jpg

Unlike the Greg Fox case, the IMA case does not have the leather strap fittings in the lid, for the spare parts kit container.

Ian McCollum on Forgotten Weapons.com made a video, covering not only the FBI and Police cases, but also another one that I had not heard of before, a TSMG case made for the U.S. Secret Service. 

Thompson SMG Cases: Police, FBI, and Secret Service (forgottenweapons.com)

• Like 1

WAY BACK I STARTED TO BUY AN IMA BUT CHANGED MY MINE AND ORDERED ONE FROM " MR. GREG FOX" .  EVERYONE ON THE BOARD HAD BRAGGED SO MUCH

ON THE QUALITY OF HIS WORK THAT I JUST HAD TO GIVE HIM A SHOT.  I AM "NOT A HUGH COLLECTOR BY ANY MEANS" , I ONLY OWN ONE THOMPSON WITH A BUNCH

OF STUFF THAT GOES WITH IT.  WHEN I RECIEVED MY CASE I WAS AMAZED AT THE QUALITY OF IT I REALLY HAD TO THINK ON WEATHER TO PUT THE WEAPON IN IT.

I FINALLY DID TO TAKE SOME PICTURES OF IT AND THAT WAS THE LAST TIME THE  GUN WAS IN IT UNTIL I STARTED TAKING IT TO " KNOB CREEK ".  I GOT A LOT OF COMPLIMENTSFROM OTHER THOMPSON OWNERS.   SO WITH ALL THIS SAID  " BUY MR. FOX'S CASE "  YOU WILL LOVE IT.

7 hours ago, wv1928 said:

SO WITH ALL THIS SAID  " BUY MR. FOX'S CASE "  YOU WILL LOVE IT.

Good decision, like I said above on hindsight, I wish I had done the same. However, my compromise was buying the Greg Fox Drum carrier and Indiana case, and the IMA case although not of the same quality, by far, still serves its purpose 10 years down the line. 👍

On 7/29/2023 at 10:20 PM, rpbcps said:

Attached is a picture of my IMA FBI case, bought back in 2013.

Reproduction FBI case.jpg

Ian McCollum on Forgotten Weapons.com made a video, covering not only the FBI and Police cases, but also another one that I had not heard of before, a TSMG case made for the U.S. Secret Service. 

Thompson SMG Cases: Police, FBI, and Secret Service (forgottenweapons.com)

Ian does a wonderful job documenting various firearms, a big value to collectors and he did the same here on these Police, FBI and Secret Service cases.

As in the Jack Reacher series. "Details Matter", I will point out that these cases, as far as I am aware, were never offered for sale by Auto Ordnance, they were sold separately.  I have never seen any price list from Auto Ordnance offering hard cases.  At 1:20 in the video Ian correctly states that they were not offered by Auto Ordnance.  Yet, at 5:23 he condradicts himself and says; 

"Unlike the previous two" (inferring to the Police and FBI cases), "these (Secret Service cases) were not offered for sale by Thompson, (infers that AO produced and sold the Police and FBI cases), were something that the SS themselves went out and had fabricated"..  The website hosting the video, Forgotten Weapons, also makes the same statement that Auto Ordnance offered these for sale.

The FBI is known and is documented to have developed their cases through a Bid in 1935 and the first ones produced by Kansas City Trunk Company.  I am not aware of any such documentation for Police cases.  My assumption has been that the Police cases evolved from the FBI cases.

There is a link below and at the bottom of that link, another link, both worth a read, on FBI case development.

http://historicalgmen.squarespace.com/1935-thompson-sub-machine-gun/

• Like 1