Bolt hold open mod operation

I'm trying to figure out how this works, here is what I'm thinking but please do correct me if I'm wrong. With no magazine in, you first turn the bolt hold open lever to FA to engage the bolt hold open, then pull the bolt back to lock it, insert magazine, then do you have to flip the lever to the SA position, then pull back on the bolt handle to release the bolt, or can you just pull back to release the bolt while the lever is still in the FA position?

On mine that was done by Deerslayer, I cannot flip the rocker pivot to full auto without bending the piece of metal that rides over the lobe of the rocker pivot which results in the volt hold open pieces to mess up and not engage anymore without rebending the metal.  For my operations, I just pull the bolt back with one hand and flip the rocker pivot over to full auto to engage the bolt stop. Then, when I want the bolt to go back to the forward position, I just pull back on the bolt and flip the rocker pivot back to semi auto position and gently let the bolt go forward. YMMV but that was my case.

Edited by TennesseeTaylor95
Typos

Do exactly as Tennessee Taylor and Deerslayer say.

In this case, your mileage may NOT vary.  I know from personal experience (insert red face here) that if you do not, you will be sending it back to Deerslayer to fix the result of your operator error.

Good luck, Timmy.

There are 2 different bolt hold back methods. The one employed by Deerslayer and there is another method . The second method allows the selector to be turned before pulling the bolt back.

Here is a discussion of the 2 methods:

https://weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=8488.0

Joe

On 8/21/2023 at 10:40 AM, Joe H said:

There are 2 different bolt hold back methods. The one employed by Deerslayer and there is another method . The second method allows the selector to be turned before pulling the bolt back.

Here is a discussion of the 2 methods:

https://weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=8488.0

Joe

That website requires a login to view topics, do you have a screenshot of the discussion? Thanks!