Source for a USGI rocker pivot/fire selector lever for a model 1928 TSMG?

I'm also still looking for a USGI 1928 model rocker pivot ... I only need the one piece. I already have the safety lever.

BTW - I sell gun parts on eBay all the time ... barrels, magazines, grips, etc - all with photos ... with no problem.  You just need to be aware of what can't be shipped internationally or to some restrictive states. 

I bought a set from Tommygun Collectables a few months ago. I did not get the early set like the set posted on EBay, but the price was a lot more reasonable.

Mark

I guess you are somehow evading the rules - I am sure machine gun parts would be considered as undesirable as assault weapon parts, and unless you are selling 10 round or less mags you are beating the system there as well.

Years back I had a raw - and I mean raw - like 15 lbs. casting for an MG-34 receiver on EBay. I bought a set of FAL blueprints from a guy that were sold as correct original drawings and they turned out to be useless hand drawn crap. I posted feedback that they were no good and as revenge the seller reported my raw casting as a machine gun part.

The result was that I got banned from EBay and from PayPal for LIFE, and PayPal took all my money which fortunately was only around $500.

I tried to correct and appeal the whole thing but at the time (and I would think the same now) the people you contact were in some third world country with little understanding of English that would just copy and paste words and phrases with no correct grammar or understanding of anything.

If you don’t use PayPal and if you don’t sell much on EBay I guess you can risk it, but if you are doing a decent amount of selling and making a decent amount of money at the click of a mouse it could all be over.

Bob

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2023 at 7:03 AM, reconbob said:

I guess you are somehow evading the rules - I am sure machine gun parts would be considered as undesirable as assault weapon parts, and unless you are selling 10 round or less mags you are beating the system there as well.

Years back I had a raw - and I mean raw - like 15 lbs. casting for an MG-34 receiver on EBay. I bought a set of FAL blueprints from a guy that were sold as correct original drawings and they turned out to be useless hand drawn crap. I posted feedback that they were no good and as revenge the seller reported my raw casting as a machine gun part.

The result was that I got banned from EBay and from PayPal for LIFE, and PayPal took all my money which fortunately was only around $500.

I tried to correct and appeal the whole thing but at the time (and I would think the same now) the people you contact were in some third world country with little understanding of English that would just copy and paste words and phrases with no correct grammar or understanding of anything.

If you don’t use PayPal and if you don’t sell much on EBay I guess you can risk it, but if you are doing a decent amount of selling and making a decent amount of money at the click of a mouse it could all be over.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I have not sold or tried to sell any machine gun parts on eBay ... just pistol and shotgun parts such as barrels, grips, shotgun magazine extension kits, etc. and have been completely above board with my sales. That being said, I have regularly seen Thompson Submachine gun parts for sale on eBay. I myself recently purchased a 1928 buttstock slide assembly from eBay - again, it was advertised for what it was. I also regularly see TSMG butt stocks, actuators, bolts, etc, etc for sale.  I have saved searches on most TSMG parts as an alternative to some of the higher priced items on GB.  I'm not trying to evade any rules on eBay ... If you do a search, you will see LOTS of gun parts and accessories for sale on eBay.

I wonder if anything with a serial number that requires a FFL and/or Class 3 dealer transfer is where eBay draws the line? 

VR, Fred

On 10/2/2023 at 7:35 PM, mbc230 said:

Here is Ebay's Policy as I was curious too. See link below:

Firearms and accessories policy | eBay

Thanks for posting this. Bob had me worried there. This answers what firearms parts & accessories can and cannot be sold or purchased on eBay. In my ignorance, I do recall trying to sell a Griffen threaded barrel in the past and it was immediately rejected by the listing system.