Is there a Sten doctor in the house ?

Have a problem with my Mk II. Magazines won’t fit in the magwell. Go about halfway in and get very tight. Anyone have this problem ? No obvious damage to the magwell or the mags. 

More common than you think.  There's a lot of variation in both mags and magwells.  There's also the problem of the mags spreading over time.  If you can beg borrow or steal a magazine repair mandrel, you can fix the mag with a hammer.  Otherwise, try clamping the top of the mag ABOVE THE INSERT STOPS between two steel plates and squeezing the mag top between them with a C-clamp.  Proceed very slowly and be careful not to bind the follower

You have to try different magazines and keep the ones that fit.  Variation in magazines.  Not like a Thompson where parts are interchangeable.

I had a kind board member send me a bunch of magazines, which I then tested the fit in my MKII and traded ones that didn't fit.  I understand this is common.

From BRP-I scored the gauge that measures the angle of rounds presented in the magazine. They have several in stock (not cheap).

Now if they get mandrel and hammers……