Edward G. Robinson Birthday

I think that’s Ricardo Montalban  with Manny. I have not seen that one before, thanks. Looks to be from the late 50’s.

Mike Hammer,

You are correct, that is Ricardo Montalban with Edward G. Robinson.  It was the first home game when the Dodgers moved to Los Angeles in 1959.  Good eye!  There were other Hollywood stars at the game as well.

“Manny” passed shortly after completing filming on “Soylent Green” with Chuck Heston. He was at the time writing his autobiography but he never completed it. It was still published however and is an interesting read that I enjoyed. I think it’s called “All My Yesterday’s “. Never reached out to him however Ricardo was kind enough to sign a couple of mementos for me from “Wrath of Kahn” back in the day. I liked Ricardo very much. His enunciation of the English language was precise and wonderful to listen to. He was also a proud man who believed that marriage was something that was to be taken seriously otherwise you are simply making a mockery of the institution as did many of his fellow actors. He was also a pretty tough hombre as he injured his back severely when thrown from a horse during the making of a film. He suffered great pain from it the remainder of his life but he still continued his acting career despite the pain of movement.  

Ricardo.jpg

Edited by Mike Hammer