Willson Tube MP-40

Yes! As many other owners will tell you, (although not necessarily necessary),

• Firing pin
  • Ejector
  • Recoil assembly (just in case) with springs
  • Sear
  • Mag loader

I'm sure others will disagree, however there are some of us who can't have enough extra parts .

I laid in many of the parts on Rekrap's list above but never needed them since nothing ever broke. I ended up selling them off one by one, retaining only a NOS Steyr extractor. Have not needed that either, knock on wood! 

Edited by TSMGguy

I just noticed a complete FBP bolt assembly for sale on Snugbus (The old Bowers Board).

https://snugbus.com/sale/index.pl

If you get one of these, you can put your original bolt and recoil assembly away and use the FBP bolt instead, which makes it almost impossible to break anything original.  The FBP bolt also has the firing pin machined into the bolt face, so a relatively fragile part is eliminated.

I would highly recommend fresh recoil assembly springs every 5K rounds or so and maybe an extractor, as they are basically big leaf springs and only flex so many times before breaking.  Otherwise the dirt-simple mechanism is pretty bulletproof.

3 hours ago, DINK said:

I just noticed a complete FBP bolt assembly for sale on Snugbus (The old Bowers Board).

https://snugbus.com/sale/index.pl

If you get one of these, you can put your original bolt and recoil assembly away and use the FBP bolt instead, which makes it almost impossible to break anything original.  The FBP bolt also has the firing pin machined into the bolt face, so a relatively fragile part is eliminated.

I would highly recommend fresh recoil assembly springs every 5K rounds or so and maybe an extractor, as they are basically big leaf springs and only flex so many times before breaking.  Otherwise the dirt-simple mechanism is pretty bulletproof.

Thanks for the tip. Every time I shoot mine, I worry about breaking the FP...