Oversized Thompson Display with Brass receiver

This forum came highly recommended from my collectors circle. I have an interesting piece that I have come across and I was curious if anyone had seen another like it or possibly any info besides it just being an oversized Thompson display piece. 

20240131_091349.jpg

20240131_091421.jpg

20240131_091621.jpg

• Like 1

Purchased at auction 23 years back and the data plate on stock was missing. All the internals there and function properly but bolt missing. The hope was someone here might have some knowledge or inside on this thing. Have not been able to find anything about it at all. 

Bauer,

Is it possible to get more pics of both sides of the gun?  The wood appears to be walnut and/or beech. Is that correct?

The only brass guns I have seen in the past were the Turkish standard size ones made in Cyoress in the 1960’s. I published an article about those in Small Arms Review.  This gun does not appear to have any of those features, so for now I doubt it is related. 

Roger

Both sides and top. Never found any markings on it that could be clue as to builder but someone definitely put a bit of effort in to creating for sure. Found the brass Turkish guns too with same conclusion. Even if it was privately made it would be really neat to know the story. 

20240201_112127.jpg

20240201_111954.jpg

20240201_111849.jpg