Questions on 1928A1 Receiver stub with attached finned barrel, milled grip mount and Cutts compensator with pinned sight

This is NOT a for sale thread. 

The for sale thread is located here.

https://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28375-1928a1-finned-barrel-assembly-with-receiver-stub-milled-grip-mount-and-cutts-compensator-with-pinned-sight-for-sale/

Are the combined assembled parts value greater together as a assembly or broken down to their individual parts? 

1928A1 receiver nose part ( likely AOC due to punch location), Savage Dulite finned barrel, milled AOC grip mount, Cutts Compensator with pinned front sight. The milled grip mount has no easily comparable comps on Gunbroker. What is a USGI milled grip mount going for these days?

Recent completed Gunbroker auctions.

One USGI Cutts Compensator with pin and sight $300

One USGI 1928A1 receiver nose piece $390

One parkerized RIA wrapped finned 1928A1 barrel $300

One mint Savage finned barrel (reconbob) $325

Zero USGI milled grip mounts, just the current reproductions at $69

Back to my original question, are the part worth more assembled as they came in as a parts kit or broken down and sold as individual parts?

Bridgeport28A1

Edited by Bridgeport28A1
For sale thread created

Personally when I was looking for a spare barrel awhile back, I wanted one just like you have. That way I know the compensator hasn't been removed improperly and that someone didn't use a pipe wrench to remove the barrel from the front stub. I'd list it on GB as is.... 

• Upvote 1

On 2/4/2024 at 7:37 PM, brveagle said:

Personally when I was looking for a spare barrel awhile back, I wanted one just like you have. That way I know the compensator hasn't been removed improperly and that someone didn't use a pipe wrench to remove the barrel from the front stub. I'd list it on GB as is.... 

Ditto. While I'm sure some folks might just be looking for a clean barrel to refurb their gun or rebuild, I feel like most would opt for a complete assembly to avoid the extra monkey fucking of transplanting their old cutts. 

I would sell the parts individually.  As you noted the receiver stub can go for big bucks, but nobody

is going to buy the whole show to get a receiver stub. The comp should also go for a good amount because

there are fewer and fewer out there. Its been a long time since the kits came in. For whatever reason it seems

that barrels have lost a lot of value. I have a MINT G.I. M1928A1 barrel up on GB now and with a couple of hours to

go its only at $165. I don't think it will go for anywhere near $300. The grip mount is also a goodie - maybe $125.

My $0.02

Bob

I'd say its worth more in pieces on Gunbroker. I sold one similar a couple years ago and got around 800 or so.

Something to think about though - I saw a 1928A1 front end sell with some other parts (bolt, actuator, some magazines) at Morphys a few months back, 2,000 hammer price. You'll give them some in fees, but that's more than some kits with that piece in it go for on Gunbroker.

https://www.proxibid.com/lotinformation/80434382/extremely-desirable-near-mint-1928-finned-thompson-barrel-on-sawcut-receiver-ppiece-with-bolt-int

22 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Ditto. While I'm sure some folks might just be looking for a clean barrel to refurb their gun or rebuild, I feel like most would opt for a complete assembly to avoid the extra monkey fucking of transplanting their old cutts. 

Problem is that Thompson barrels are not indexed, and the comp most likely will have to be repositioned. 

• Like 1

I would for sure sell the parts individually as USGI parts are getting very scarce now. Just make sure you remove the barrel carefully along with the Cutts. Cheers!

Edited by mbc230