Looking for original Colt manufactured 1928 Thompson front pistol grip assy

BORE,

It would help if you would specify which Thompson variation you need a vertical fore grip for. The two primary vertical fore grips are the Colt's and the Savage Arms - both hard to find and very expensive in good plus condition. If you need an AOC West Hurley vertical fore grip (much cheaper), specify if you need a 1/2" or 3/4' grip mount channel. 

Another option is a reproduction vertical fore grip from Dan Block (forum name: deerslayer). He can make whatever variation you need. 

• Upvote 1

• BORE changed the title to Looking for original Colt manufactured 1928 Thompson front pistol grip assy

Colt/Thompson wood is hard to find. However, I found an excellent condition Colt stock, pistol grip and fore-grip along with a shot magazine, nickel oiler and three boxes of .45 shot shells at the Rock Island Auction Company auction several (three) years ago. I think I paid $3500 for the lot. I only needed the Colt fore-grip but the stock and pistol grip were upgrades for my gun. I subsequently sold the Colt stock and pistol grip along with a Savage fore-grip to someone on this forum.  RIA frequently has Thompson parts for sale. It is worth checking their auctions. I have seen several Colt stocks sell at RIA over the years.

20 hours ago, SP Sarge said:

According to that price the wood is worth 1/4 of the value of the entire gun. Outrageous. And "Kill Notches" with no provenance lol. 

Not mine, he asked, that's what I found, didn't say it was a good deal! 😂

2 hours ago, Motorcar said:

Not mine, he asked, that's what I found, didn't say it was a good deal! 😂

Totally understand Motorcar, my sarcasm was not directed at yourself. I saw that Gunbroker listing a while ago. No doubt the wood has value, I'd even be interested if the price was what it's really worth. But for $16,000, that's just beyond laughable. The stuff you see on there sometimes just ruins all faith in humanity lol. 

I've been looking for a Savage grip for about 2 years now and not having any luck.