Gun Owners of America steps into the spotlight as NRA’s power fades

Even before reading this article I was having my doubts that the NRA would ever recover. Without a complete purge of the board of directors I do not see how they can ever win the confidence of the membership back. Unfortunately there are too many Fudds that will stand with the NRA board to the bitter end.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2933420/gun-owners-of-america-steps-into-the-spotlight-as-nras-power-fades/ 

As a Life Member, I have nevernvoted because the deck was stacked. At least we have a chance right now for training and ILA to prove themselves. Wayne screwed us without even a reach around.

I resigned my Life Membership long ago, around the time that the ILA tail began to wag the NRA dog but IMNSHO if the NRA wants to regain credibility they need to do and publish a full audit of funds both coming in and going out.  We know that Wayne & Co. treated the NRA as their private ATM but the source of the money should be equally concerning.  The whole business surrounding Maria Butina stinks.  This was Washington DC where $1000 hookers get passed around like party favors so I'm pretty sure they didn't keep her around just because she was good in bed.  If she brought Russian money along the NRA needs to own up to how much and for what purposes.