Mp 40mags

QUOTE (renovate7 @ May 22 2005, 09:49 PM)
What's the going price for mags and who is the best source?

I too would recommend BRP Corp (brpguns.com)

They've been a good vendor. I bought 1/2 dozen mags from them. They have wonderful MP40 mags in every code you could desire. If I recall I believe I paid 40 bucks each by buying 6 or more.

Anyway....the mags originate from the former Yugoslavia government. Story goes like this:

Germans occupy Yugoslavia. Stockpile arms, ammo, parts.

Germans lose war. We win.

Allies capture German war stocks.

Allies (Americans) occupy Yugoslavia. Allies "give" Tito captured German war booty for Yugo military.

Several years later Tito comes under Soviet umbrella. Commies give Tito NEW weaponry. Captured German war booty is retired to Yugo warehouses. Cosmolined, boxed, stored (never can have too many guns, magazines or motorcycles)

Fifty years later panty-waisted American politicians are trying to keep guns and such from the hands of law-abiding American citizens. But to help out the former Commies of Yugoslavia we let them now import the same items the Clinton gun ban of '94 kept from our hands (large cap mags).

To our joy brpguns.com gets a shipment some months ago of more than 2,000 MP40 mags. Used but in wonderful, cosmolined condition. Plan on spending alot of time disassembling the mags as the springs and innards are filled with grease. But when clean....they're NICE.

Okay lurkers.....sorry for the long-winded story. But I haven't posted for awhile and I'm awake at 0200 hours unable to sleep.

Enjoy the mags but don't delay. I'm sure selected codes are disappearing. I got just what I wanted as they called me when the mags arrived.

Dan G.

Girard, PA

All-matching #'ed, BNZ43

Edited by Delta3-2

• 2 weeks later...
Have to second the recommendation on BRP guns. While we talked on the phone, Brian of BRP picked through his hoard to pull just the codes I needed (98E 41). All are in excellent shape although one or two had been neatly refinished in blue.

http://www.brpguns.com

Hey Delta 3-2;;; I think i saw you at the Patton Museum Btl/Demo last week end on Ft.Knox.......I wanted to get over there to say high.....Here is some crude photos of our 2ndSS there........ http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif Are you going to the Sep East front Battle at Marion,Ky?????........jw

http://www.hunt101.com/img/293301.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (junglewalk @ Jun 5 2005, 01:25 PM)
Hey Delta 3-2;;; I think i saw you at the Patton Museum Btl/Demo last week end on Ft.Knox.......I wanted to get over there to say high.....Here is some crude photos of our 2ndSS there........ http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif Are you going to the Sep East front Battle at Marion,Ky?????........jw

http://www.hunt101.com/img/293301.jpg

Hi Jungle....yep, I was there. Too bad we didn't have a chance to chat.

Nope, going to be going to the 30th LAH get together at Camden, Ohio. Also trying to get to ODESSA in mid-September.

Hey....can you tell me the course of fire for the JUNGLEWALK ?

BTW....if you want to e-mail me you probably should use: daniel.t.galena@us.army.mil in the future. This YAHOO crap is killing me with the Spam and viruses.

Delta3-2

Delta; next time yell at me !.......Here is the Jungle Walk explained. The April shoot this year ,our area was in 3-4 feet of water the first day, but, this October should be good.....If I don't see you in the trenches of Marion, I'll see in the Jungle..! (bring the MP-40)...jw

http://www.hunt101.com/img/124249.jpg

JW, I met the Director to the Patton Mueseum at Fort Mac this past Friday and saw their Stuart. We had 3rd Armored's M5 there and he seemed quite impressed with it. We're making plans to come to Ft Knox's tank battle next year. Maybe we'll run into each other before then. I had a great time at the Atlanta Tank Battle yesterday at Ft Gillem. Y'all should've been there. We could use an Asst. Gunner with a live 1919 for the bow, if, uh, anyone is interested out there.

• 6 months later...

QUOTE (Jay Baker @ Jun 19 2005, 06:33 AM)
JW, I met the Director to the Patton Mueseum at Fort Mac this past Friday and saw their Stuart. We had 3rd Armored's M5 there and he seemed quite impressed with it. We're making plans to come to Ft Knox's tank battle next year. Maybe we'll run into each other before then. I had a great time at the Atlanta Tank Battle yesterday at Ft Gillem. Y'all should've been there. We could use an Asst. Gunner with a live 1919 for the bow, if, uh, anyone is interested out there.

I know this is abit off topic. And quite tardy in a reply. However, for what it's worth....you should know that LAH will not be in support of the Fort Knox Memorial Day weekend reenacting event.

We have annually fielded approximately 70-75 Waffen SS reenactors in support of the Fort Knox Museum's above mentioned event. However due to the museum's lack of reenactor support and various bureaucratic requirements it is rumored that we will no longer support the event.

Me thinks that without this large contingent of LAH reenactors there will be little left of the event. My observations of the last couple years is that few German reenactors show for the event.

Howevr, the show will probably go on.

Dan G.