Bar Stock Set

http://images.andale.com/f2/126/125/4386526/1148378712360_BARAAASET.jpg

Here is the first 1918A2 BAR set I've completed. More work that I thought, but turned out pretty nice. When I catch up on some of the work I'll offer to make more if anybody wants one.

Dan

Very Nice Sir,

Would you be willing to sell just the Buttstock?

And

Could you make an M1918A2 Buttstock without the relief work for the hinged buttplate.

I would like to put an M1918 buttplate on an M1918A2 buttstock without the reliefs?

Again Very Nice Work,

Johnny

In general there was a lot of work on this stock compared to the average thompson stock set. On a Thompson you were dealing with small pieces of metal (like a slide assembly) to have and hold when fitting to the wood. The butt stock was a chore just for the main reason that you have to move it and 20 pounds of rifle around in the inletting process.

Up front pricing..... $160 for a butt stock and $80 for a front grip (A2) variety (plain grain wood, fancy stuff like this extra).

It my understanding that the 1918 used a standard enfield trapdoor butt plate. I have some of those so a 1918 type butt stock would be easy to make. Numrich supplied the butt plate used on this set and I was kind of surprised see it was a enfield butt plate with the hinge mechanizm on top welded into place.

Email set guys, thanks

Dan

Dan,

That is a very nice stock set! Just want to make sure you are aware that the M1918A2 wood buttstock was thicker near the receiver than the M1918 stock. This extra wood required a lightning cut to the left side of the stock for the operating handle to clear. The profile you made up looks to be M1918 except for the hinged buttplate. I can't judge the length. I know you are a little new to BAR stocks and want to make sure you have the info you will need.

If you can not locate a rear receiver stub for inletting your stocks, LMK. I have the rear 1.5" of a Colt R75 receiver you can borrow until you get one of your own.

Carey

I've got a receiver stub coming, its amazing how fast some people will respond. Thus I'll be able to return the current gun I have in a timely mannor to its owner but still make stocks for BAR's without having to have people send the gun. Its possible to do of course as I'm a dealer, but might as well save interested partys the shipping dollars and potential for loss of a irriplaceable gun.

What I did was copy the bakelite A2 stock in wood. I thought about making it oversize and making the stock cut, but thought that would detract from the looks of the fancy wood. Any and all information on these stocks is apprecieated very much.

Dan

Dan,

That stock set looks great, so there is no doubt about your decision. Glad you have a receiver stub coming and are making these stock sets. If you need interior measurements on the M1918 stock attachment, I have an original to take measurements from. Just LMK.

Carey