Dummy Accuator Knobs For M1928a1 Thompson

I don't want to destroy an original $200.00 part to salvage the round actuator knob 'stub' visable on the top of a dummy 1928 receiver. Does anyone make them? Someone has them since dummy guns are sold with them. I am not a machinest, so I rely on the market to guide me. Thank you.

Hi Thanks for the reply. I will ask them perhaps one of them will deliver.

Your handle reminded me of the George Clooney movie where the Baby Face Nelson Character was standing on the runningboard of some old ford and shot that cow with a m1921. "My name is not Baby Face, my name is...etc".

"Your handle reminded me of the George Clooney movie where the Baby Face Nelson Character was standing on the runningboard of some old ford and shot that cow with a m1921. "My name is not Baby Face, my name is...etc".

I believe the movie was: "Oh brother where art thou"

" There's one thing I hates worse the cops....and that's cows!" George plasters the side of a cow with a Thompson.

Then Delmar says, "Oh George, not the livestock."

I don't want to destroy an original $200.00 part to salvage the round actuator knob 'stub' visable on the top of a dummy 1928 receiver. Does anyone make them? Someone has them since dummy guns are sold with them. I am not a machinest, so I rely on the market to guide me. Thank you.

In Dougs sales booklet he has a 1927 A1 knob made to look like a 28 that could be cut off for what you want $50.00

• 2 weeks later...

In Dougs sales booklet he has a 1927 A1 knob made to look like a 28 that could be cut off for what you want $50.00

Hi Zep,

I will get in touch with Doug.

I also made progress on my M1A1 Dummy. I got the full kit and Philadelphia Ordnance receiver parkerized. I went the extra step to polish the park off the recessed surface of the bolt slot to simulate a well worn/polished internal bolt. I bought an extra bolt handle for $10.00 and turned it down on a lathe, and threaded it to a hole I tapped in the bolt slot at the closed battery position. Now all I need is a junker bolt to salvage the forward end to stick behind the barrel.

Thanks to all.

Edited by USMC711