WH Thompson transformation to 1921AC

Guest title ii

Yes, the pin is domed. But it was catching the lock slot, even so.

Chief 762,

The ends of the original hammer pins are slightly domed. Is yours? (If the pin starts to work its way out, that small dome should cause it to cam back into its proper position with each shot.)

Edited by Chief762

Lock slot damage. Yes, I know, poorly machined slots. Gotta be repaired.

Tommy gun.jpg

Edited by Chief762

Chief 762,

The ends of the original hammer pins are slightly domed. Is yours? (If the pin starts to work its way out, that small dome should cause it to cam back into its proper position with each shot.)

I believe it was domed. It was a GI bolt assenbly.

PK re-did my WH ten years ago for the same reasons...blish slots were out of specs.You can barely identify any repairs after PK`s magic.I have shot thousands of rounds with never a hiccup.He is definitely worth the wait. :D

• Upvote 1

PK re-did my WH ten years ago for the same reasons...blish slots were out of specs.You can barely identify any repairs after PK`s magic.I have shot thousands of rounds with never a hiccup.He is definitely worth the wait. :D

A great testimonial!

I can't wait to get it back.

Edited by jpw43

what worries me is that people have to wait for 4 years to get things done. I realy appreciate and recon PK's craftmanship, But in a time not so long ago there use to be more people that could do that kind of work. We are having the same problem in Europe, There only exist a handfull of real gunsmiths anymore (very old guys)and in our region (1hr drive from Liege)there use to be a load of highly skilled people that realy could make jewels out of nothing.

Different times, prices and waiting times,...

when these oldtimers pass away......

• 2 weeks later...

I shipped my WH to PK and asked him to put his proof mark to anyone can know who was the gunsmith was. PK can make up a 1921 type set up less than a real one and the cost is OK. I left the parts in the 1928 set up but the extra parts are in my box. With those cuts in the receiver (mine looked just like yours), you COULD break and crack the end, so I just put mine it in the safe until the repairs were done. I would say just make the best it can be and enjoy it.

I like the comp but that is my opinion and we all know about opinions are worth.

RM

• 5 months later...
May not be an even trade , have no idea what a colt switch or buffer assy would cost Edited by MARK2112