After starting the Form 1 process back in late February, I've finally got myself an SBR! I think I need a smaller case now...

post-260337-0-11237200-1479175256_thumb.jpg

post-260337-0-16404500-1479175272_thumb.jpg

Big thanks to the man, the myth, the legend Mr. Dan Block for the barrel swap, EZ pull spring kit, and mag catch mod. The work was not only completed much quicker than anticipated, but under budget as well. I've also got a custom wood set coming, so stay tuned.

I'd eventually like to do a FA lower with select fire switch bolt hold-open and removable buttstock, but I need to hunt down all the required parts...possibly a future topic if I can't find all the info in past threads.

Looks great! Is that barrel from thompsonbarrels.com? Did you re-use your cutts and front sight, from your original 16" barrel? Also where did you locate your SBR markings at on your gun?

Yep, it's from Thompson Barrels. I re-used the factory compensator, but I'm thinking of switching to a simple ring sight just to make it as short as possible. The engraving is on the bottom of the upper, directly behind the vertical foregrip.

You have pic of the engraving. I want to SBR, just curious how much goes on, and what's it gonna look like.

Did you get law signoff or TRUST. ?

I'd rather not post pictures of the actual engraving, but I can attest that with the size of the lettering and where it's located, it's pretty inconspicuous.

I filed the Form 1 as an individual, which at the time still required the CLEO signature.

Is there a website for Dan Block? Did Dan do the work for .....barrel swap, EZ pull spring kit, and mag catch?

I know I had it before, but can't find it now!

Yes, Dan did all the work. He goes by the name "deerslayer" on these forums, and his website is www.thompsonstocks.com.

• 2 months later...

Getting closer...looks gorgeous with a set of Block Stocks!

post-260337-0-49048800-1485571794_thumb.jpg

post-260337-0-88026600-1485571793_thumb.jpg

Those with a keen eye will notice I'm still missing a key component, namely the FA style lower. I've seen them from Numrich (here) and (here), but they've been sold out for months, and who knows if/when they'll ever be back in stock...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well here she be...got a FA lower fitted and wood attached.

post-260337-0-11228000-1501221847_thumb.jpg

post-260337-0-92991700-1501221862_thumb.jpg

post-260337-0-92351100-1501221880_thumb.jpg

post-260337-0-83344400-1501221896_thumb.jpg

Wish I could take any credit for this, but it's all the work of Dan "The Man" Block. He turned a standard Kahr gun into a thing of absolute beauty.

For those curious, the full list of mods is as follows:

- SBR w/ ring sight

- E-Z pull spring kit

- Mag catch mod

- E-Z takedown mod

- FA lower w/ pivot plate and rocker switch for bolt hold-open mod

- Custom stocks w/ refinished metal hardware

I'll work on getting some more action-y shots...