M60E3 conversion to E1 Parts Needed?

Can a knowledgeable member explain what additional parts are required to convert an M60E3 back to E1 configuration assuming you just have the E3 gun and no other parts?

Thanks!

barrel/ bipod assembly

topcover

butt stock

foregrip

feed tray hanger

single notch oprod

Unusual question, everyone seems to go up models these days unless you are going for the "retro" look which actually is now iconic and gun guys recognize it just by the silhouette. The nice thing about all the upgrades is that they are plug and play and almost tool-less conversons. I'm still stuck at E3, but the railed top cover does have appeal. HTH

• Upvote 1

barrel/ bipod assembly

topcover

butt stock

foregrip

feed tray hanger

single notch oprod

Unusual question, everyone seems to go up models these days unless you are going for the "retro" look which actually is now iconic and gun guys recognize it just by the silhouette. The nice thing about all the upgrades is that they are plug and play and almost tool-less conversons. I'm still stuck at E3, but the railed top cover does have appeal. HTH

Thanks for the Response Retro was what I was looking for (and the ability to swap back and forth)

• 8 months later...

And how do you even keep up with that amount of cleaning and maintenance without a staff :)

Retirement.....LOL.

Mine stay clean by not having time to shoot them. That's one of the beauties of firearms, good values, low maintenance if you choose, easy storage. It takes seconds to wipe down an HK sear and getting close to the value of diamonds by carat weight?

I guess youre right :) No firing + humidity controlled safe = long term peace of mind. Still a lot to keep track of, and good luck if you move ;)

And how do you even keep up with that amount of cleaning and maintenance without a staff :)

Retirement.....LOL.

Mine stay clean by not having time to shoot them. That's one of the beauties of firearms, good values, low maintenance if you choose, easy storage. It takes seconds to wipe down an HK sear and getting close to the value of diamonds by carat weight?

• 2 months later...

Holy s**t, Batman.

I wish I had a room secure enough to display my toys. They'd be on the back and side walls, with the recliner right in the middle and the 60" flat screen in front, so I could watch my beloved Indy 500, surrounded by the "girls"

Alas, hey must remain locked-up, only coming out to play.....on occasion.....

As noted above:

o barrel/ bipod assembly

o topcover

o butt stock

o foregrip

o feed tray hanger

o single notch oprod

+ a few more things that are different:

1) Trigger group

2) Top of rear sight (E3 has a hole vs bar on original M60)

3) Op rod spring (multi-strand in original M60)

4) Op rod guide (E3 uses a thicker guide rod)

5) Carry handle

6) Bolt plug type

7) Front sling swivel

8) It is possible you would want an old-style buffer as well to be really accurate

Edited by mattnh