It's Not A Thompson But This Is Cool As.....

Neat! I love that sound at either 30,000 or 60,000 rpm. It reminds me of the sound the A-10 Warthog makes when it fires its 30mm gun. I love watching those things fire; the sound and the smoke gives me goosebumps! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

QUOTE (John in IN @ Feb 13 2005, 12:11 AM)
We used to go down to Camp Atterbury and watch the live practice.

we have them around here as well.

the terrian is slightly mountianous.

you can be on the mt while they are running.

they'll run down the valley behind the range, then *hop* over the mt. 100' over your head almost completely upside down as they drop down into the valley with the range. cool indead.

i was back there once when they had f-16's flying. that was painfully loud. you're NOT going to sneak up on anybody with one of those.

Edited by brian

Roland, to your corner.

John in In, I would sit on our boat at Sweetwater in the mid 70's and watch them as they came over our heads about 200 ft, on thier way to Atterbury. Cool to see the pilots wave as they went by. The Sweetwater place is gone now, but may I still love to ride the HArley down there every now and then, and hope to see them practicing. We ride the back roads just off the range and watch the jets dive into the range behind the hill and by the time he is gone into the clouds, you hear that sound of the guns. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

company name is metal storm limited. www.metalstorm.com . the gun uses pre loaded multi round stacked tubes that are fired electrically. kind of like stacking rounds in a muzzleloader. they are also one of the leaders in smart gun technology and are currently working wiyh taurus in that field. also make a multi barrel handgun version that can load and switch between lethal and less than lethal rounds. I have been considering this company for a stock investment,(mtsx) but right now it looks like crap. guess i should stick with MG's

The video is disabled now....

But if this what I think it is, open chambered triangular round sabot type projectiles, it was in a article in a magazine ( I think it was the Rifleman...not sure) about they around the 1970's. We had reprint of the article where I used to work, at a University staffed Research Center that belonged to the Army. Such a unique status allowed me to see the monthly surplus catalog that went around - and by simply inventing 4 digits I could come up with the code to get ANYTHING out of that catalog delivered to us - free. After getting much stuff - including a D7 Cat dozer - I saw the gun and all of it's accessories listed as surpluis!!! This is around 1990, and I remember it being 12,000 rpm (single barrel). To get your numbers, that could have been RPS, not RPM!

No, we didn't get it. Turns out after about 3 years someone started to ask about our numbering system, and we were audited. Good thing we didn't have it, as we were located right on the runway of a "international" airport!

Man I would have loved to play with that thing!!!