U.S. Army Procuring .45 Ammo For Tommy Guns-2019!

45 ACP is still ordered/stocked in huge amounts by USA, USN and USMC for their "Special" side operators. In regard to DOD Thompson use... In the mid 90's while on active duty, I attended a one week school, "Dynamics of International Terrorism" down at Hurlburt Airfield Florida, just west of Fort Walton Beach. The USAF ran this school and put on a great show on the range demonstrating the firepower of many various US and Foreign SMG's. They possessed at least 2 Thompsons (M1A1 and 1928) as well as many other SMG's and had them on display to handle etc. Later they fired several magazines through each of the guns to demonstrate effectiveness and firepower on various targets such as cars, Car windows, concrete block walls etc. The Thompson was well represented and ran like a sewing machine. I estimate they fired at least 2 thousand plus rounds, at least 300 to 500 ds just for the Thompsons. I'm sure still today, somewhere there are a few DOD activities that have similar needs for 45 ACP ammo for subgun shoots, demonstrations and training foreign weapons schools etc, maybe even a Thompson or two.