M2 Carbine

Can anyone tell me which part of a M2 trigger group is registered with BATFE? I am getting all kinds of answers from the hammer, disconnector, sear, on and on, even the selector. Everyone has just about named every part on the gun.

Thank you.

You'll get different answers, as ATF allowed many different components to be the registered part, as long as they were a part of the trigger group. There is no ONE answer, it can be a combination of any, all or part of the group. HTH Edited by v188

Hey Wildwilly, Thanks man! I was beginning to worry that no one wanted to tell me which part is the registered item. Thanks again.

Dr Dave, As everyone above stated, it can be any , part , or all of 7 parts, it just depends on what was registered originally on the Fm 1 or Fm 2.

Wildwilly had the disconnect, others may have the trip, or sear, etc.

If you are looking at buying an M2 gun, you simply need to check the data listed on the Fm 3/4 and it will tell you which part(s) are registered.

Hope this helps

I just bought an Inland M1converted select fire carbine. The dealer said it is a registered receiver.

Do you all know of the best books on these. I like history and technical information in one.

Normally I read first and then buy, but I had already bought a AO 1928A1 WWII model from him. My form 4 cleared in record time for me. The ATF tax check cleared on October 12th and the form 4 arrived on November 9th. He had a decrease on the M1 select fire by seperating the paratrooper stock from the weapon thus decreasing the weapon by $600. I like the carbines with the traditional wood stock. I guess you could call it an impulse purchase LOL. Thank you in advance.

Tribrothers

• 5 weeks later...
Tribrothers, Good for you on your Title II purchase of a select fire carbine. If you need reference material, you can go to website for Machinegunbooks.com and purchase "Submachine Guns of the United States of America" by Frank Iannamico. His books are a deal for all the reference material, pictures and research he did to help us all learn. Frank's books are the very best in reference material. Good luck to you.

You find a registered receiver gun just like you find any other class 3 gun (by luck usually). I found mine because a class 3 dealer had it for sell where I live at. Also Subguns .com might have a ad for one or maybe a private party might have one. I recently sold a Uzi to a friend of mine that I know from work. Good luck. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

• 1 year later...
When we registered our conversion pack for the M2 we asked ATF for preferred location for marking; after several months and one follow up we got a letter with large scale photograph showing marking to be on the trip arm. Seems a little goofy to me since it's a part somewhat prone to wear/breakage at the rivet and markings can't be checked without disassembly.