dissembling a fbp spring assembly

Hi,

IIRC, the cap unscrews. After removing the stakes, I think I just used a pair of needle nose to unscrew the cap. It has been a few years. If I'm wrong, someone will let us know.

Grasshopper

thats what i figured...im trying...stakes removed, but its really on there

i see it recommended to replace springs w/ mp40 springs to use in a mp40---its definitely stronger right now than a mp40 spring

Someone on the forum mentioned recently he cut off some of the FBP spring and it works fine but did not say how much? Probably better to do that than wrecking a good german factory spring.

How is using a german factory spring "wrecking it"

i cant get this cap off the damn thing...ive gotten 1 turn out of it...and its stuck....removing the stakes it moved freely a bit...then got harder and harder...its 1 full turn and stuck

anyone taken the spring apart? any advice? any??

strange i cant find 1 video on the subject

do these come apart easy for anyone?

mine was original untouched...just too a punch and knocked the metal out of the way...it was moving freely....then stopped...uggghhh

ill try it and see how it works with the factory spring in it....id assume it will have a higher ROF....or like some say--wont get a full cycle and run away

Hmmm,

Mine just came apart after cleaning up the stakes. Your's does not seem to be cooperating. Get out the croil and soak it down?

I had to cut some coils off the FBP spring to prevent runaways. You could always try it with a short filled mag. You never know. It might work as is.

Grasshopper

Hmmm,

Mine just came apart after cleaning up the stakes. Your's does not seem to be cooperating. Get out the croil and soak it down?

I had to cut some coils off the FBP spring to prevent runaways. You could always try it with a short filled mag. You never know. It might work as is.

Grasshopper

Do you recall how many coils you cut off?? I would like to get a rough starting point. Thx