What Do Ya'll Think Of This?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 04 January 2004 - 11:06 PM

John,Jr., I was thinking the same thing about it being like a large conference call. biggrin.gif cool.gif Also, it would be great to speak with some of the guys from around the world, like Murray, Balder in Norway, Vollon in Belgium, Gordon Herigstad, P.K., Doug Richardson,and on and on, not to mention the regulars all over the U.S.! smile.gif biggrin.gif I'm pretty excited about the possibilities. Of course, Machinegunbooks.com will still be very important. Some things are better communicated via witten words, pictures, and video. Regards, Walter

#42 mp40

mp40

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Collecting guns(what else?) cars (fords) and collecting modelguns (a primarily Japanese hobby, plastic/zinc hi-tech cap guns)

Posted 04 January 2004 - 11:13 PM

Geez Walther, nobody said that we would abandon the Machinegun books site laugh.gif Yes, it would be great to speak with everybody!

#43 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 05 January 2004 - 09:36 PM

You guys have all got to get your mics. and join John, Jr. and the rest of us for a little international conversation on Sunday nights at 8:00p.m., I believe. We had a great time tonight. I felt a little awkward at first, but we are all a nice bunch. After all, we all met here, on Machinegunbooks.com! smile.gif blink.gif rolleyes.gif ohmy.gif laugh.gif Regards, Walter

#44 Bruce L

Bruce L

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 09:44 PM

10-4 that, Walter! Enjoyed talking with you and the rest of the folks this evening. Hope that the rest of you will join in and join our merry little band!

#45 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 10:01 PM

John,Jr., Is that 8:00pm, Central Standard Time, making it 9:00pm on the East Coast?

#46 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 05 January 2004 - 10:10 PM

Yes sir! That will be 8:00pm Central time. I will open the server before that time so setting can be tweaked for anyone that needs to. We will try to get a guest speaker in for the session if I can.

Take care.

John Jr

#47 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 05 January 2004 - 10:28 PM

what's the number. I tried to log on like I did yesterday with those numbers 67.64.14.169 and it wouldn't connect.

#48 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 05 January 2004 - 10:51 PM

Mike, I am not sure what the problem is but I did see where you connected on Sunday and then disconnected. It should work. Check out the ventrilo site and read the troubleshooting section. If that does not work, e mail me at johntitsworthjr@sbcglobal.net and we will work it out together.

Jr

#49 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:35 AM

I'm looking forward to speaking with as many of you guys, who have the courage to speak up at the next Thompson forum, hosted by John, Jr. blink.gif ohmy.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif Sincerely, Walter

P.S. Get a mic. and show up!

#50 mp40

mp40

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Collecting guns(what else?) cars (fords) and collecting modelguns (a primarily Japanese hobby, plastic/zinc hi-tech cap guns)

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:50 AM

Hi guys I realy hated missing out on the conversation tonight!!! But, too many problems got in the way! like -20 this morning! I froze my ass off!!! certainly not the time to have low anti-freeze levels!! I got through that (I guess) but it took some time to get new anti-freeze and put it in..Also, I had to do something about my dog, so when I put him out in the morning he doesn't freeze! So, I got that done too! But, at least some good news, I got a microphone! So, perhaps tomorrow?

#51 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:17 AM

mp40, I'm not refering to you, merely, those who are afraid, to hear their own voices! blink.gif smile.gif ohmy.gif laugh.gif

#52 mp40

mp40

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:52 AM

I hear ya Walther! I can't wait to try this microphone! (well actually, it's a headset) don't know if it will work though, but it's worth a shot!

#53 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:58 AM

I'll talk to you at 8:00p.m., CST, on Sunday, mp40! biggrin.gif tongue.gif cool.gif

#54 mp40

mp40

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:02 AM

Walter,ok I get ya! Ok then see(well hear) ya then!

#55 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 10:48 PM

C'mon you guys, get some courage , or fire in your belly, and join us on Sunday! blink.gif smile.gif ohmy.gif biggrin.gif Regards, Walter