Repro Fbi Cases

I am interested in picking up a repro FBI hard case for a 1921A Colt and I have heard that there are a couple of different makers out there. Would thoes who have first hand experiance with repro FBI cases please let me know what they think about the different makers. I have heard of repro cases that rat-tat-tat and Recon Ord offer but have never seen one in person, how do they differ?

David Skinner

Yuma, AZ

I am interested in picking up a report FBI hard case for a 1921A Colt and I have heard that there are a couple of different makers out there. Would those who have first hand experience with repro FBI cases please let me know what they think about the different makers. I have heard of repro cases that rat-tat-tat and Recon Ford offer but have never seen one in person, how do they differ?

David Skinner

Yuma, AZ

Bob@rat-tat-tat is a board member here, He custom makes these cases. They are the best I have seen, use the search...

I am interested in picking up a report FBI hard case for a 1921A Colt and I have heard that there are a couple of different makers out there. Would those who have first hand experience with repro FBI cases please let me know what they think about the different makers. I have heard of repro cases that rat-tat-tat and Recon Ford offer but have never seen one in person, how do they differ?

David Skinner

Yuma, AZ

Bob@rat-tat-tat is a board member here, He custom makes these cases. They are the best I have seen, use the search...

Bob just finished a Police Style Case for me. It was flawless. I couldn't be happier.

I received my custom Chicago from Bob this week also, it was flawless. Go the pinned topics at the top of page, open the Reproduction Thompson Accessories Reference topic, scroll down to item #5. There is a link to his photobucket album there. Get in touch with Bob,,,Bob@rat-tat-tat.com, he will do you a great job.

I have seen the pics of the cases made by Bob@rat-tat-tat and they do look very nice and I have done searches of this forum. I am looking for info on all of the makers and not just the board favorite (no offense intended).

I guess I am wanting to get peoples thoughts on the cases being sold by Jerry @ Recon Ordnance.

Edited by azdskin

Recon case is great. Jerry get's them from another maker. and Bob's look great.

you are buying a case which is not original anyways. so David no reason to worry about that. since real value is in a mint original.and not sure if you want to spend the coin for one of those.

you can set up a repro real nice nowadays with spare parts box. mags cleaning rod and manual.in fact Jerry can fix you up with a complete cased set. i sold him one last year.{ on the cheap}with all new goodie's...have fun in the search. Ron

Hey azdskin , how you been? Richard says hi. Got all 6 sub-guns running now. Trying to get motovated for a 4th shoot. You going to be around? Chris

Just got back from the USBP academy and will be moving back to the Tucson area. I will be working the Sonoita area.

Hey azdskin , how you been? Richard says hi. Got all 6 sub-guns running now. Trying to get motovated for a 4th shoot. You going to be around? Chris

Just got back from the USBP academy and will be moving back to the Tucson area. I will be working the Sonoita area.

oh cheese!! there go's the neigborhood,another former Marine moving in....lock and load.

Ron