Might Get To See An Fbi Thompson.

We had a robbery very recently, and as a result I had a conversation with an FBI agent tonight.

The subject of Thompsons came up, and he mentioned that his office still has one. He stated he knows nothing about them, but he believes this one has "Navy and 1928" on it. He went on to say that this particular Thompson, which is in fantastic condition, was used to kill a bank robber in Knoxville years ago. Says all of it is documented, etc.

As I was walking out of the office he stopped me. He said he liked my sincere interest in the Thompson, and then said he'd bring it by the station for me to look at. I'm going to pester him until he does, and then I'll report back with what I find out.

The lower case "I" in the thread title is rediculous, but I can't change it now.

Yeah if you want all caps in the header you have to put a space in b/w each letter.... It's funny that way...

I just have three words.... camera camera camera.... :rolleyes:

The subject of Thompsons came up, and he mentioned that his office still has one. He stated he knows nothing about them, but he believes this one has "Navy and 1928" on it. He went on to say that this particular Thompson, which is in fantastic condition, was used to kill a bank robber in Knoxville years ago. Says all of it is documented, etc.

All of the Thompsons that the FBI purchased in the 1930's were US Navy Model 1921/28 Overstamps, so if it's origin was through the FBI purchase, that is what it should be.

Many moons ago, as a youth, our "Sheriffs Explorers" group visited the FBI office on Zack St. in downtown Tampa (maybe 1980-81), and I distinctly remember 4 Thompsons....the agent guiding our group was somewhat stunned when I knew they were 1928's (my dad had a '28 Savage at the time).........

gotta wonder if they are still there

Many moons ago, as a youth, our "Sheriffs Explorers" group visited the FBI office on Zack St. in downtown Tampa (maybe 1980-81), and I distinctly remember 4 Thompsons....the agent guiding our group was somewhat stunned when I knew they were 1928's (my dad had a '28 Savage at the time).........

gotta wonder if they are still there

When I toured the Hoover Building in DC around 1989, they put on a shooting demonstration at their indoor range with a Thompson and an H&K MP5.

Anyone know if they still demo the TSMG?

My local FBI office still maintains 4 TSMGs in the vault which are brought out for demos several times a year (only stick mags, though, and no drums, so I bring my own L drums). They have the original cases, tools and some accessories.