Now You're Not Even Trying

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem....?Item=191374965

The rain in Spain does nothing to the frame.

It is a completely legal sale in Spain, EU countries have different standards for deactivated firearms.

So what are you trying to prove with these repeated posts of sales you believe are questionable?

It is a completely legal sale in Spain, EU countries have different standards for deactivated firearms.

So what are you trying to prove with these repeated posts of sales you believe are questionable?

Some countries consider the barrel the registered part .

Wasn’t trying to prove anything. Nor was I trying to prosthelytize. Like the majority of the posts on this board, mine were intended as educational (if nothing more than a warning to the newbies.) What can be viewed as unnecessarily repetitive to some may be news to others. Plus, like Colt guns, these “overseas” pieces aren’t exactly rare, but they’re not common either and some members may be interested. I also find it personally amusing that some Americans think merely unscrewing the barrel from an otherwise live receiver is an ATF-approved dewat procedure. (Like Sig, I’d notice the absence of the offer to make the frame U.S.-importable.)

And admittedly it is also a sorrowful salute to the once-revered RTKBA enshrined in our Nation’s birth certificate. As late as 50 years ago, a piece like this could have been shipped to your door like a package from Sears (which is how my first shotgun arrived). Now we’re forced to accept woodchipper remnants in a cruel expenditure of our tax dollars against these noble & historic workhorses. So maybe I’m just reminiscing.

Now we’re forced to accept woodchipper remnants in a cruel expenditure of our tax dollars against these noble & historic workhorses.

You can send a thank you note to the NRA for that one.

As for the auction, it is a legal sale in the seller's country. Nothing to learn from it other than different countries have different standards. Be glad you live in one that at least lets you own an operable fully automatic firearm.

Roscoe,

The NRA did not pass the laws that resulted in the situation you describe!

Take a look in your gun safe right now and send a thank you note to the NRA for every handgun you own. If not for the NRA standing up to that bunch of zombies ‘We The People’ elected to serve inside the beltway, all of those handguns you own would be sewer lids – probably along with everything else in your gun safe. Yes, the NRA has not been everything to every one, but it is the only game in town that can get things done in today’s political atmosphere. Not supporting the premier gun rights organization in the world because it does not spend all its political capital for a very small group of people who own machine guns is simply stupid. It is exactly like our fellow gun owners in the shotgun sports that support the Assault Rifle Ban because it does not directly affect them. I think you’re smarter than that.

Join and support the NRA for what they have done and for what they are doing. Work from the inside to get done that which you support. Being a detractor from the outside makes you a poster boy for the other side. Do you know of any elected representative that has gun rights as their sole issue?

Roscoe,

The NRA did not pass the laws that resulted in the situation you describe!

Take a look in your gun safe right now and send a thank you note to the NRA for every handgun you own. If not for the NRA standing up to that bunch of zombies ‘We The People’ elected to serve inside the beltway, all of those handguns you own would be sewer lids – probably along with everything else in your gun safe. Yes, the NRA has not been everything to every one, but it is the only game in town that can get things done in today’s political atmosphere. Not supporting the premier gun rights organization in the world because it does not spend all its political capital for a very small group of people who own machine guns is simply stupid. It is exactly like our fellow gun owners in the shotgun sports that support the Assault Rifle Ban because it does not directly affect them. I think you’re smarter than that.

Join and support the NRA for what they have done and for what they are doing. Work from the inside to get done that which you support. Being a detractor from the outside makes you a poster boy for the other side. Do you know of any elected representative that has gun rights as their sole issue?

I watched the vote in 1986 and not once did the NRA voice any opposition to it. Give them a call and see if they will talk to you about it. Every time I have mentioned it to them they have changed the subject or refused to discuss it. I have been a life member of the NRA since 1983 however since that time it has turned into nothing more than a money making machine for the NRA hierarchy.

When it comes to NFA they will sell you down the river in a heart beat if it protects the guns of competitive shooters and hunters. They have done it once before and past behavior is a very good indicator of future behavior. I support a number of firearms organizations but I am not one to blindly follow the NRA. Too many people accept what they tell them without digging for information past the spin.

Roscoe,

Everything that you said is true. Everything that TD said is much more important to the future of gun ownership.

You should heed his advise while you cuss the NRA.

Jim C

I will stick with supporting those organizations that support my interests. The NRA is not one I can depend on. I am not for lining Wayne LaPierre's pocket, when he is gone I may look at the NRA in a different way.

True - but the NRA did not pass the laws that resulted in the situation you describe!

They did not oppose it either which is essentially showing support for it. Since 1986 have you ever heard the NRA mention any support for trying to correct the law as they claimed they would in 1986?

If they came out and said changing the law is unsupportable I could accept that. What I cannot accept is their denying any role in the passage, by stepping back they gave their silent approval of the law. And they have been silent on this subject ever since.