45 Acp Ammunition Inquiry

45 ammunition inventories have been troublesome, but I have a line on some Aguila and RWS 230 gr. FMJ; I’d like to know if anyone has any experience with either of these in SMG’s, especially the TSMG 28.

TIA

Winchester White Box is plentiful at one of the Wally Marts in my area. It's about $33 per 100.

I'm stil contemplating the irony of this. For months I'd been haunting 4-5 Wal-Marts in my are, hoping to hit them at just the right time to be able to buy The 100 rnd. WWB (lthe only cure my severe Thompsonitis!). They limited purchases to 6 boxes, but I never found more than 1 or 2 at at time. A couple of months ago I reached what I thought to be a good size stash -- 5k rnds -- and halted my complusion. No more search & buy, search & buy.

Yesterday, strolling through one my Wal-Marts to pick up some batteries, I decided to take a nonchalant stroll past the ammo dept. (as opposed to my desperate prowls of the recent past) Yikes, they must have had a dozen boxes of the cherished 100 rnd WWB! How could this be? From famine to feast in just a few short weeks.

45 ammunition inventories have been troublesome, but I have a line on some Aguila and RWS 230 gr. FMJ; I’d like to know if anyone has any experience with either of these in SMG’s, especially the TSMG 28.

TIA

I've shot Aquila in my M-1 before and it seemed OK. Made my gun run roughly 600 RPM and didn't seem overly powerful. No jams or misfires I can remember!

Never shot RWS though!......................sorry!

Winchester White Box is plentiful at one of the Wally Marts in my area. It's about $33 per 100.

I'm stil contemplating the irony of this. For months I'd been haunting 4-5 Wal-Marts in my are, hoping to hit them at just the right time to be able to buy The 100 rnd. WWB (lthe only cure my severe Thompsonitis!). They limited purchases to 6 boxes, but I never found more than 1 or 2 at at time. A couple of months ago I reached what I thought to be a good size stash -- 5k rnds -- and halted my complusion. No more search & buy, search & buy.

Yesterday, strolling through one my Wal-Marts to pick up some batteries, I decided to take a nonchalant stroll past the ammo dept. (as opposed to my desperate prowls of the recent past) Yikes, they must have had a dozen boxes of the cherished 100 rnd WWB! How could this be? From famine to feast in just a few short weeks.

The sad part is that the price I gave for 50 @ 17.00 was Jerry's wholesale price. Cheaper to go to Wal-Mart, the price tonight for the same ammunition was $34.97 per 100. I checked the Winchester 45 at RSR and it was higher.

I primarily shoot reloaded ammunition so I do not normally keep up with the retail or wholesale ammunition prices.

Reload is the way to go! Cheaper and you know what you got! Last time I reloaded a batch, the cost was about .20 a round. Now I have to restock supplies.

I rarely buy commerical ammunition, the only reason I bought this is that I have friends from Germany coming over next month and I wanted them to be shooting factory ammunition. After they depart its back to the Dillon.

Restocking supplies has been a problem with reloading. 230 gr 45 FMJ is still a bit hard to find at the distributors. You have to catch them just as a shipment arrives.