Chinese Tsmg In 7.62×25 Caliber.

Richard,

Great pictures of a Chinese Thompson. Thank you for sharing. I lightened/cropped two of the pictures. Note the arrows: the Chinese markings are plainly visible on the left side of the receiver. Note the wrench marks on the barrel and no markings on the right side of the receiver. Obviously, Doug Richardson tools are not available in China!

Good stuff!

chinesethompson5 crop bright.jpg

chinesethompson2 bright.jpg

Now I bet one of those magazines are rather rare.

If the 7.62x25 ammo is still cheap (relative I guess) I still want PK to convert mine over when my number comes up.

I've got about 12 of them, as they are PPS-43 mags. The mag adapter is probably pretty rare though.

I wonder what the rate of fire is like. I would assume it to be quite high, given the size and weight of the moving parts, combined with the high velocity round.

So far, I use a PPsh drum in mine, I haven't made up any stick type magazines for my conversion. I have a bunch of PPS-43s, some CZ-26s and some PPsh-41s... I don't know which way I want to go yet... Oh... no mag adapter either. Runs great, tho'...

I didn't get in on the cheap surplus. I'm using new boxer primed ammo, whatever I can find on sale... when I can find it at all, I mean. Stuff is hard to find, the local Cabelas had ONE box and I mean 50 rounds. I can't remember the last time I bought one box of anything.