Ab Platoon Inspection

You probably have seen this one then: 505th inspection layout, with demo bag before Sicily:

Are those custom rigger-made 30 round 5 cells on his pistol belt?

thomas.hando,

Yes, they are. There's a reproduction of that type of pouch featured in the canvas pinned post at the top of the page.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

You probably have seen this one then: 505th inspection layout, with demo bag before Sicily:

If I were going into WWII, this is the exact load-out I would want to have, except for all of the explosives, I'd get rid of those in a hurry but keep the grenades.

Also, notice the trench knife and what looks like a modified 1911 holster.

Are those custom rigger-made 30 round 5 cells on his pistol belt?

thomas.hando,

Yes, they are. There's a reproduction of that type of pouch featured in the canvas pinned post at the top of the page.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

I wasn't sure. I thought they may be TNT blocks/demo. Guess not. The attached layout has similar pouches, a small jumpcase, and thompson mags(500 rnds?) - but M1 Garand. 503rd PIR in the Pacific

post-2485-0-32150700-1346792208_thumb.jpg

There are 18 1/4 lb. blocks of TNT in the first photo. My father, a combat engineer at Omaha beach on the morning of the landings, said that these were just the ticket: "Boom. Instant foxhole."