Future Of High Capacity Magazines

CptCurl

Pearl, MS school shooting - http://en.wikipedia....School_shooting

The distance the principal had to go to retreive his pistol was close to a mile.

Shooter is currently serving three life terms plus an additional 140 years in prison. He will be eligible for parole in 2046, when he is 65 years old. Current location Parchman State Penitentiary, not a fun place to be no matter what your crime was.

Article about the principal from 1999 - http://www.davekopel.com/2A/OpEds/HeroesOutlawed.htm

The story of this event has been mentioned in the media since the CT shooting but rarely and usually with very few details.

Well, that was more than I expected... but the date on that one predates me being in MS.... I could have sworn something similar happened 2006 or 2007 - unless the talk I heard was retro and did concern this one. A mind is a terriible thing to lose.

That is the only school shooting in MS I am aware of.

Also keep in mind that there was another shooting in Aurora, CO that has received scant attention since the theater shooting. Someone showed up at a church around the same period and began shooting the attendees. I believe he either killed or injured at least one before being shot dead himself by another attendee who of course was armed. This act I expect prevented further violence against the congregation.

Jim

Also keep in mind that there was another shooting in Aurora, CO that has received scant attention since the theater shooting. Someone showed up at a church around the same period and began shooting the attendees. I believe he either killed or injured at least one before being shot dead himself by another attendee who of course was armed. This act I expect prevented further violence against the congregation.

Jim

Jim,

Are you thinking of the person who shot the abortion doctor in church and was in turn shot and killed by a lady security guard???

Jim C

Jim

Jim,

Are you thinking of the person who shot the abortion doctor in church and was in turn shot and killed by a lady security guard???

Jim C

I was unaware that the victim was an abortion doctor but I believe that was the incident.

Jim

I can't get your link to open - Is it about the New Life Church in Colorado Springs? That was about 20 mi from me.

If so, the gal was a former police officer working part time at her church as a security guard.

She had the balls of a Big gorilla - when the guy came inside after killing 2 sisters and I think wouinding another person in the parking lot, she challenged him and he shot at her. Instead of taking cover and shooting back she charged him down the middle of a wide hallway shooting. Wounded him bad and when he realized he couldn't get away, or kill anyone else, he shot himself. She had hit him 2 or 3 time if I remember right.

Sarge

I can't get your link to open - Is it about the New Life Church in Colorado Springs? That was about 20 mi from me.

If so, the gal was a former police officer working part time at her church as a security guard.

She had the balls of a Big gorilla - when the guy came inside after killing 2 sisters and I think wouinding another person in the parking lot, she challenged him and he shot at her. Instead of taking cover and shooting back she charged him down the middle of a wide hallway shooting. Wounded him bad and when he realized he couldn't get away, or kill anyone else, he shot himself. She had hit him 2 or 3 time if I remember right.

Sarge

Sarge,

Thats the one. Her name is Jeanne Assam. If you can't open my link then google "church shooting" and look for her name. Jeanne's story is sad and unfortunate. Hope she's doing well today.

Jim C