Kahr C-Drum Serial Number Information For Pinned Post

This thread was inspired by a comment that Lancer made in another post. I'd like to gather information on the serial number ranges that Kahr used on their C-Drums, and when the seral numbering ended.

So, I'd like to get the following questions answered by those who own Kahr C-Drums:

1. Does your Kahr C-Drum have serial numbers on both the body, and the front cover?

2. What is the serial number? (Please included prefix 0's, if it has them)

3. If your C-Drum does not have a serial number, approximately when was it purchased?

My Kahr C-Drum info:

• Only the body is serial numbered
  • Serial number "000939"

The intent is to use the serial number range information for reference in the drum and magazine pinned post.

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

000545 front and back---same number as my WH 28. It was a nice surprise when I opened the box to see the number match my gun. When I bought the drum the dealer said, "I have one above #1200 and one in the 500 range". I said I'll take the low number. Lucky.

U D

001429, back only. I got it on Gunbroker. Going to have the serial engraved on the front, too, so as to confuse and confound your grand children in 100 years!

I have two Kahr "C" drums, serial numbers are on both sides of the drum on both drums!

Note: serial numbers are also on the original boxes.

You didn't get 1103 from Rust, did ya?

I have two Kahr "C" drums, serial numbers are on both sides of the drum on both drums!

Too subtile Bug.... :-)

Nope. Both drums were bought from two different local gun shops.

The drum 627 was bought from a shop that had drums in stock (The owner has a WH). I also bought a couple of "L" drums from him and a repo FBI case.

The 1103 I got from another shop that ordered it in from one of his regular suppliers, probably JSC or RSR.

If the posted info is correct, it would seem we don't have a clean serial number cut off in regard to when Kahr stopped numbering the front of the drum. Dalbert states his #000939 is numbered only on the rear while mike in pa states his later #001103 is numbered front & rear.

If the posted info is correct, it would seem we don't have a clean serial number cut off in regard to when Kahr stopped numbering the front of the drum. Dalbert states his #000939 is numbered only on the rear while mike in pa states his later #001103 is numbered front & rear.

Hey. There's a war on...

Hey. There's a war on...

Uh Oooohhh.... Hopefully it won't get locked. We don't take 2 no gr8 discontent here. BTAIM some gr8 info coming out.

• Upvote 1

My guess is that the production facility employee responsible for applying the serial numbers just missed applying the serial number to David's drum.

It is now a rare "error" Kahr drum.

Merle B. told me the company that produced them is close to me, maybe I'll pay them a visit and ask them if they have a record of the cut off on serial number marking.

Are the numbers laser engraved?

Edited by Bridgeport28A1

001229, back only

The front plate still has the NO. with no number present. Is Kahr still stamping the NO. on the front plate with no number?