IMA TSMG Leather Motorcycle Scabbard

IMA is offering a Leather Motorcycle Scabbard for $74.95. Sounds like a great price for that much leather.

Has anyone seen one of these. The Photos look good, but I have been disappointed on some of their items before.

My first look is, the TSMG should go in further. Don't know if it does, and this was just the way they set up the shot, but all the examples do not show the gun going in further. I will try and compare these photos with on original one. Friend of mine has an original and I'll see if I can get a photo or tow.

Any thoughts and feedback would be much appreciated.

Sandman1957

Sandman 1957,

I haven't seen IMA's in person but for $75 it probably isn't as thick as the original. Looking at their pictures it does look like the right size. I have a original on my bike and although a dummy gun, it is the correct size and it fits like their picture.

If you buy one let us know how it looks the price is cheap.

Frank

IMA's products are made in either Pakistan or India. Do not expect the leather to be anything like that you would find on an original. I certainly would not stick a Thompson in one of those without first wrapping it in plastic, the chemicals they use in their tanning process just may not be up to the standard you would expect.

I got one Friday and it is nice. For some reason i am having trouble posting a picture,but the leather quality and stitching are very good.Much better than the leather M 1 Carbine scabbards they had last year.

Click on More Reply Options. Click Choose Files. In the file window, go to the folder on your computer where the photo is located. Select the photo and click Open. When it is finished uploading, click Add to Post. Make sure the code of the picture is below your response.

I wonder what that will bring?

I've got an original one to sell.

Sarge

It started at $10.00 and is just over $200.00 now with two days to go. Maybe if I bought it my wife would let me get a motorcycle to put it on.

Wouldn't look right on my motorcycle, it's WW 2 German. Someday I'll get around to mounting my MG 42 on it - I have all the parts.

Sarge

It's now $275 I bought mine about 4 years ago on gunbroker at $175 and it's a lot better shape than the one on Ebay.

Don't count on the leather cleaning up a lot because it probably won't.

Prices are just getting higher and higher.

Saw where the Colt on Gunbroker went for 40K

Frank