1921 AC Colt #9110

Got a chance to look at 1921 AC Colt #9110 last night. It is in the hands of a private collector in central Indiana. The owner has had it since 2007. He was interested in selling it an wanted me to confirm some questions on it.

Everything is correct on the gun and original internals. The gun does show some wear and has a few scratches, but it had been in a police department. The barrel and receiver tic marks line up perfect, so I would say the barrel hasn't been removed. It was nice to show a novice the quality difference between a Colt perfection firearm and a good quality West Hurley side by side. The owner said he will probably hold on to it for a while. If he changes his mind, I will post it on here.

Funny, I missed Colt 21 #910 at KCR 9 years ago. The gun was really nice but the "buyer" got to the seller about 10 seconds before I did. Oh well...

Bob D

Colt 9110 has been listed at least twice on Subguns last year. If I remember correctly the asking price was originally in the high thirties and the last listing had it at 43K.

I just realized that Colt #9110 was a gun that I had a chance to buy back in the fall of 2006.

In the spring of 2006 I purchased a Bridgeport AO , 1928A1 from a New Mexico dealer. The price was 19K. That fall I received a call from the dealer offering to take my AO gun back and add 10 or 12 K, can't remember for sure, and be the new owner of #9110.

My wife pointed out that it would be silly to spend that kind of money to buy a gun made by an Auto Ordnance subcontractor when I already had a gun actually made by AO. Of course she was right, so I passed.

In March of 2007 this same gun was offered by John Thedford for 35K.

According to GH, #9110 was a Commercial National Bank gun out of Waterloo, Iowa. Shipped 9/19/30

Later ,Cedar Falls Police Dept.

Offered on subguns.com 9/12/05 for 35K

Offered on subguns.com 2/16/14 for 39.9 K

It would appear that Colt Thompsons are a major cause of inflation in the US.

Jim C