1928 With Dan Block wood

This is my 1928 Navy overstamp with Dan's wood on it. It has just the right amount of figure for me, nice but plausible . All the original wood and all the original parts that could break are all bagged up. Besides the wood I have ( maybe Russian ? and Savage) internals, Gordon Herigstad's ejector, and a Doug Richardson barrel and compensator.

It shoots great and its kinda pretty too.

post-220213-0-49326400-1431991439_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the compliments, My brother took that one but I'll take some more tomorrow and post them. I didn't mention that I occasionally shoot it with one of Merle Bitikofer's .22 conversions. I was horrified to hear about his accident. His conversion has always performed excellently and he has been a big help to me. I used to live in Massachusetts and although I had a Mass. license to possess a machine gun I couldn't legally have a new magazine that held over 10 rounds. When I got Merle's conversion it came with a new 50 round mag. I told him my problem and he took the magazine back and got me two WW II 30 rounders that he modified to shoot .22. How nice is that.

Get well soon Merle.

Thanks again for the nice words. The gun is a fairly late one serial 12xxx. It is all original although the drum in the picture is one I bought later. The original which has the nickeled rotor is stored away. I sent both drums to Merle to have them greased. I also bought the extra 20 round magazines from him.

The gun was originally sold to the Rocky Hill police department. Counting them, I'm the third owner. I gave this information to Gordon Herigstad for his book.

The compensator is properly pinned to the barrel. I had a really good gunsmith up in New Hampshire.

I suspect the case is a repro but I don't know enough about the cases to say. The tool kit is one of Doug Richardson's

Anyway here are a couple more photos.

post-220213-0-90149200-1432079647_thumb.jpg

post-220213-0-07616700-1432080408_thumb.jpg

Here's a somewhat better picture of the case. I had to send it from my phone to my gmail account to my regular email account so it took forever. I know its hard to comment on the case from the photos but, if anyone can give me things to look for to determine whether its original or a repro I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

xracer

post-220213-0-37451200-1432080944_thumb.jpg

Ron,

I was pretty sure the case is a repro. The handle is plastic which I never really looked at ( I don't transport the gun in the case) but its a dead giveaway. I believe that I did get the cleaning rod from Doug but its been a while.

With regard to the wood, that's just the way it came from Dan. All I had to do to it was some fitting in the bolt hole for the fore end grip.