Was at a Guys warehouse this weekend - Surplus/old gun parts

MG08

the place was huge, full of old leftover parts for cannon, guns, pallets of artillery shells, 20mm, 40mm 105mm, parts, barrels, aircraft cannon and who knows what -. Looks like a lot had been stored outside. Saw crates of 1918 BAR mags. ( 100s of mags in ea) But all rusty. One bin, 3ft x 4 ft x4 ft cube at least, of Thompson 30 rd magazines. all rusty and metal flaking......

At least eight crates of 1928 stocks, with 100 stocks in each crate. Some in "ok" shape, some water damaged. I did not look in any but one crate.

1919 parts, M2 /M3 parts. Saw an entire carton, 12x12x10 inches, full of 7.62 minigun bolts. I dont know when or if the parts will hit the market. Most parts were not in "new" condition but could be refinished. The biggest problem is they do not have time to go through it all. They have no idea what is in there. 8 warehouses full of stuff...... I may get a chance to go back and "help" later this year. Will try to get thompson pics if I do.

It is not my stuff, and I was not looking to sell it for them. I was just commenting - There is still a lot of untapped stuff out there ...... I can ask if they will let me give out contact info. I am sure the stuff will be for sale, it is really just a question of them having the time to go through stuff. their priority is more the cannons and parts . this is NOT a big house like SARCO or Northridge, and located in the south central US. these guys have had this stuff for several years, and it is at least indoors now. Had my Grand son along - He was pretty tired from a long drive, but had a good time. Another Thompson part was bundles of recoil springs, still in the wax / oil paper. 4 to a pack. A whole crate at lest of those.

http://photos.imageevent.com/blinde/weponscollection/websize/DSC00645.JPGhttp://photos.imageevent.com/blinde/weponscollection/websize/DSC00648.JPG

MG08,

This building you went wouldn't happen to be in between Ft. Rucker, AL / Daleville, AL and in between Dothan around Pinckard, AL? From the pictures and your description it sounds like it. It's on Highway134? Over the years when I was stationed at Ft. Rucker and TDY to Ft. Rucker, AL I use to travel the back way to Dothan on Highway 134 and the building like you described I would go by. Just wondering, maybe it's a small world.

It is not my stuff, and I was not looking to sell it for them. I was just commenting - There is still a lot of untapped stuff out there ...... I can ask if they will let me give out contact info. I am sure the stuff will be for sale, it is really just a question of them having the time to go through stuff. their priority is more the cannons and parts . this is NOT a big house like SARCO or Northridge, and located in the south central US. these guys have had this stuff for several years, and it is at least indoors now. Had my Grand son along - He was pretty tired from a long drive, but had a good time. Another Thompson part was bundles of recoil springs, still in the wax / oil paper. 4 to a pack. A whole crate at lest of those.

http://photos.imageevent.com/blinde/weponscollection/websize/DSC00645.JPGhttp://photos.imageevent.com/blinde/weponscollection/websize/DSC00648.JPG

MG08,

This building you went wouldn't happen to be in between Ft. Rucker, AL / Daleville, AL and in between Dothan around Pinckard, AL? From the pictures and your description it sounds like it. It's on Highway134? Over the years when I was stationed at Ft. Rucker and TDY to Ft. Rucker, AL I use to travel the back way to Dothan on Highway 134 and the building like you described I would go by. Just wondering, maybe it's a small world.

I know the place you are talking about, I used to stop there every now and then when I was at Rucker in the 80s. Place was mostly full of junk, never did find anything worth buying.