I Should Never Check Out New Gun Stores!

Went to visit my mother Tuesday and saw a new gun store near where she lives. I've passed it several times and never had the time to stop and take a look. So I stopped and it's a decent store, not a lot of things but they're new and building up their stock. Looking around and I see on the wall, a used Kahr/AO semi auto M1!! Well I looked it over for about 3 minutes and bought it. :D It's in very good condition, 9 out of 10. Came with 6 thirty round mags for $899.00. The price wasn't a real bargin but it's the first one I've seen in a gun shop. Someone was cleaning out their gun safe to make room for new guns and decided the Thompson had to go. It's was made in 2002 accourding to the serial number. So now the 1927A1 I bought in May has another Thompson to keep it company in my gun safe.

I took it to the range yesterday and put a couple of hundred rounds thru it, works great. Two of the mags work 100%, the other 4 will need some tuning. The four that need tuning all have trouble feeding the left round into the chamber. So I'm going to do some measurements on the two good mags and see what the difference is with the other mags. Anyone have any tips on tuning the mags so they feed reliably? All the mags I have, with the exception of the two I got with this gun, have trouble feeding the left round. Some mags feed ok after the first 10 rounds and some have trouble but not all of the time. Four of the mags I have are the new Kahr mags, the rest are 20 and 30 round WWII mags.

If our state gets it's head out of it's posterior and re-defines some parts of a new law it passed in Jan. of 14, I'll eventually be able to do the SBR on them both.

Edited by gunfighter48

Congrats and pics please!

Here ya go. It's in excellent shape. The price was no bargain but I got to look it over before buying it and took it home with me. Works for me!!

That price doesnt sound bad at all, heck, I paid 8 something for mine back in 1998 at a gun show, and at the time it was 1 yr. old, but still looked fine.

Very nice are you going the SBR route with it?

If the State ever redefines some of the laws they passed in 1/2014. The law was I 594 and was not supposed to have any effect on the SBR law we passed several years before. But I 594 is so poorly written that the Feds can't determine if we are still legal to own/make a SBR. They contacted the State for clarification on the law and our AG has not at this point clarified the descriptions of I 594 for the Feds. So they are not passing Form 1 or Form 4s at this time. Our State idiots would rather leave the law very vague just so the Feds won't ok any SBR forms!!!