Doubling and Tripling on Semi w/ WH 1928A1

Anybody ever have this problem? For the first time also, I am getting feeding jams on stick mags, despite using about 6 different sticks, and no, they are not semi-Kahr mags. Drums work fine. It will chamber a round, not fire, and another pops up. Perhaps very light firing pin hit on chambered round. Never had this problem before.

Brought it to a good Thompson mechanic and he just advised he is stymied. Has no idea what could be causing this, and said he had never run into the problem of doubles or triples on semi, and could not replicate the problem on the range.

Anybody got any ideas? I'd hate to have to use it as a boat anchor from now on.

If your gun is doubling or tripling on semi it's because the bolt is not reliably recoiling far

enough to be held by the sear, or that the sear spring is worn out. Also when you fire

semi you must decisively pull the trigger to drop the sear all the way. If you squeeeeze

The trigger like a target rifle the sear will rub on the bolt and slow it down.

If this is something "new" that has not happened before it could be that the barrel

Is shot out and the bullet no longer tightly seals the bore resulting in short recoil and

doubling.

The light firing pin hit could be due to loss of "springiness" in the extractor and instead

of easily snapping over the rim it jams against the rim.

These problems can be diagnosed and fixed so do not resort to the boat anchor modification...

Bob

Edited by reconbob

Is this a full auto West Hurley? Or a semi West Hurley? I though you have

a full auto that does not work on semi.This issue is confused when you mention Kahr mags.

If its a full auto this should be on the full auto page where you will get much more info.

Bob