Cutts compensator question

So this may be a stupid question also but if it is a Khar gun, would that be indicated on gun? My gun is the parkerized "Commando" version that had the black furniture on it. It says Auto Ordinace Worcester Mass. The sight blade is part of the compensator, no ring sight. So this is threaded? I am going through the paperwork to get my 10.5 inch barrel and would like to reuse my own compensator. If I don't have to buy another one that would be great. I've just heard both ways and want to make sure I don't screw it up trying to get it off of the gun.

My gun is the parkerized "Commando" version that had the black furniture on it. It says Auto Ordinace Worcester Mass.

There is a semi auto forum here that would reduce confusion if you post in that arena. Your Kahr produced rifle has a pressed on compensator, only full auto Thompsons have true "Cutts" compensators which are threaded on. (including Colt produced 1921/1927 semi auto only conversions.)

Bender,

If the compensator on your gun is like the one on my WH 28, it will unscrew counter-clockwise. It's probably been installed with Loc-Tite or something similar since they didn't pin them. Use a little heat to loosen up the Loc-Tite and your comp will turn off. Good luck.

Chief762

Edited by Chief762

In 2007 when I rebuilt my SA [ it was a basket case] I got a replacement barrel [16"] from Auto Ord. and it was threaded. Comp and site just screwed on by hand , so I used locktite. No way to pin it. To this day it has not moved. Worked for me!

Edited by shadycon