Bought My First Thompson- a Savage M1A1

I purchased a pre-sample MG34 from Franks a while back... Again, the photos were absolutely terrible. It was guaranteed test fired and functional with a 3-day inspection. When I got the gun, it was far from reliable. The barrel would not move freely in the jacket, so would not recipricate fast enough to unlock the bolt head in recoil... Fortunatly, I had a buddy about 2 hours from me who owns one and we were able to diagnose the problem by comparing it to his original transferable gun... With some help of gunboards members, we determined it was a bent barrel jacket, cause we put my friend's jacket on the gun and it ran just fine. I contacted Frank and he allowed me an extra week inspection period to try and get it solved - no dice. So i asked him to either take it back, or send me $400 for a new jacket, which he opted to do... I got the problem resolved in the end, and I took the $400 as compensation for my time and frustration (not to mention 4 hours of driving back and fourth to my friend's house); I did not get a new jacket... So I will say, you run risk buying from someone who does not have have posession of the firearm, but Frank did stand behind his policies, which is a plus.

I just bought a transferable MG34T (tanker, with matching panzermantel) from Ed Holtz at Urban Armory (who is also a broker), but he has great reviews and an inspection period as well.

Best of luck with the Thompson!

3-5K more than....what?

everyone else......Spiwak, Gun broker, Sub guns, Sturm, etc

once in a while he is $1k high....but typically he is at least $3k and i think $5k once in a while

if his prices are in line with the market =then my guns are worth much more than i paid

Ruben's Guns (Of which I have a couple)

Follow the saying "You didn't pay too much, you just bought early" First Class guns, First Class Service, & First Class Photographs

and I could sell either of mine for a profit (But I love them both so they are not for sale)