What To Pay For A Mp38 Tube Gun?

I don't know how it is unfired, being a tube gun.........The barrel and all parts were on a real MP receiver in it's past, and most likely were fired; These tubes were made post WWII and pre 1986, and were attached to a mix of MP parts. ...IS it a Erb or Wilson Tube ? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif

I would say about $4,600 to $5,000. What price does he have on it ??...........jw

Saw a mismached MP-38 w/ thin finish sell for $9500 a few weeks ago on Autoweapons.com. On Sturmgewehr.com a few months back gentleman was selling one for $10,000.

They ain't cheap by any means. Hope that helps. Whats Ohio Ord selling theirs for ?? If I may ask.

Edited by Babyface Nelson

I started to buy an MP38, but on researching it I found the parts much more difficult to come by. This is not a problem if you don't intend to shoot it and that milled receiver is absolutely beautiful. But if you intend to shoot it, you may want to go with an MP40 and a spare parts kit. I did.

Good luck,

Carey

Back in the mid-90's, not so many years ago, people were paying MORE than new price for used Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Today, many people still are paying inflated prices even though there are bikes sitting on the dealer's floors going unsold. People too readily spend their hard-earned money foolishly. Those who paid premium for USED Harley's screwed themselves.

Don't do it with an MP-40 tube or C&R. Anyone paying 10k for a tube MP-40 is NUTS ! I see them all the time on Subguns.com for 6600-8500 dollars !

As an example...I'm waiting for my tax stamp from the BATF to complete my purchase of a C&R MP-40. Price ? $9500.00 ! Not cheap but not the 10k mentioned above for the less desirable tube gun.

Value your money....and if money is no object....contact me....and send me some....I need more 9mm ammo for the incoming MP-40 !

Dan Galena

Girard, PA

QUOTE (gewehr42 @ Apr 16 2004, 04:24 AM)
Dan, If you buy your 9mm at Walmart in the Winchester bulk packs, you won't have to solicit money for ammo. I use it in my MP40 with no problems. Best deal in town!!!!!!!!!!........................................B

Gewehr....odd....I've been buying the Winchester Bulk Pack .45 ACP ammo there. Haven't even thought of the 9mm ! ! !

I've bought a couple thousand rounds of 115gr FMJ 9mm (S&B) at $5.50/box of 50 over the Internet. Is the Walmart Winchester Bulk less than that ? I'll have to check as the Winchester stuff is good stuff.

Thanks for the reminder.....nevertheless my offer still stands for those willing to part with their money foolishly...send it to me and help fund my ammo purchases !

Dan G.

Girard, PA

Edited by Delta3-2

• 2 weeks later...

Recent quoted prices: MP40 tube gun: $8,000.00 for in state transfer (allows for detailed inspection prior to purchase). MP38 tube gun: $12,000.00 !! (the owner made the point that Bob Landies only made 12 of these back in the 80's). These prices only include 2 mags with gun.

Does anyone know of a cheaper MP40 tube gun currently for sale?

Man! what terrible prices! I don't think that I have ever seen prices for tube guns get that high! I would think that a nice example would go for $5,000 or so! no where near $8,000!

QUOTE (Wackiforkhaki @ Apr 27 2004, 10:06 PM)
Does anyone know of a cheaper MP40 tube gun currently for sale?

When I talked with him about three weeks ago, Jim McCloud (JLM from subguns.com) had three tube MP-40s for $7500 each. I decided that if tube guns were going for around $8000, I'd just fork over another $2000 and get an original bring-back.

• 2 months later...