Just got my SBR approval, need a barrel

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, you don't need to replace your barrel on a 1927A1 ... It can be cut to 10.5 inches and the compensator will fit the trimmed barrel ... Just needs to be pressed on and pinned attachicon.gifpinned.jpg

While this is correct, the aesthetics of the result may not be considered "proper" and/or "pleasing" in the minds of some.

I can also report a good transaction with thompsonbarrels.com.

MHO, YMMV, etc.

Actually, you don't need to replace your barrel on a 1927A1 ... It can be cut to 10.5 inches and the compensator will fit the trimmed barrel ... Just needs to be pressed on and pinned attachicon.gifpinned.jpg

While this is correct, the aesthetics of the result may not be considered "proper" and/or "pleasing" in the minds of some.

I can also report a good transaction with thompsonbarrels.com.

MHO, YMMV, etc.

Agreed ... Some may not be happy with the aesthetics, but I did the work myself and I am happy with the results. 10 Years ago I renbarreled one that just would never run correctly afterwards ... I have a 1927A1 that runs beautifully with the original barrel so I decided to just shorten it. ... It still runs great shortened. ... Just offering an option. BTW ... ATF waiting time currently on SBR paper filing is 8 months ... At least mine was.

post-260006-0-18515900-1484075501_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...