NOS Butt Plate For Sale - Not Me

I saw this posted on another forum but the recess to open the trapdoor and proximity to the screw/countersink doesn't look like one I have ever seen before. Is this a current manufactured part? looks like it might be cast? Interesting to see some of the variations of USGI as well.

TC

Item in advert:

35840027633_23aa6b47f2_b.jpg

35840026463_0af27a2942_b.jpg

Surplus: M1 & M1A but used to reference recess and proximity to top screw:

http://www.stg44.eu/galeria/218.jpg

P1170955.JPG

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/images/products/detail/TMP0581.jpg

499530.jpg

Edited by ThompsonCrazy
  • Upvote 1

Great observation! Board members need to know if there is a reproduction of the M1/M1A1 Thompson butt plate on the market. My first thought was SARCO. Does anyone know?

Thanks for sharing!

Here are a few pictures of a early one of of a stock I have. (For reference) A couple of differences I noticed - the one above doesn't appear to have the rivets showing on the back. And mine has either a unfinished or nickle rivet in the middle.

IMG_20170821_191802.jpg

IMG_20170821_191817.jpg

IMG_20170821_191843.jpg

Andrew

Andrew,

The shiny portion is the end of the screw holding on the small spring for the trap door. Thank you for the photos! What you describe with the other two rivets is what holds the blocks on each side of the trap door hinge pin pivot points. The one in question appears to be cast as one piece.

TC

I was curious and had need of an M1A1 butt plate, so I bought this item. It's an interesting variation that I have not seen before. It's clearly made of cast steel. On the inside of the plate itself and again on the door is a small stamped W, with a triangle. On the door is the numeral 42, with 44 on the plate, visible in ThompsonCrazy's photo above. It's beautifully made, and it fits an original WWII M1A1 TSMG butt stock to perfection. All three holes line up and the curvature is just right. I'll take and post a few photos here later.

Edited by TSMGguy