Looking for NAC 8

My next book will feature chapter on the NAC or crate Thompson guns. I intend to expand on the information provided in the Small Arms Review magazine story several years ago. To that end, I am looking for a few of the Virginia State Police (VSP) NAC Thompsons I have not yet located.

I know NAC 8 was sold on gunbroker.com in 2018 by a seller named "d1shot" located in Michigan. I would like to contact the current owner of NAC 8 and see if he would like his VSP NAC 8 Thompson gun featured in the chapter. I have a few low resolution pictures but would like to obtain better pictures so as to represent NAC 8 better.

If anyone knows the owner or location of NAC 8, or the 2018 seller, please contact me at: tkd5501@fuse.net

I will keep all communications confidential.

To that end, if anyone has a NAC Thompson gun with the serial number prefix of NAC, please contact me. Some NAC Thompson guns that are from the crates have a serial number suffix of NAC. If you have one of these that appears to be a parts gun, I would also be interested in hearing from you. I want this chapter to be as inclusive as possible.

Again, thank you for all your help!

TD.

Tom: You might want to reread Roger Cox's book and his take on NAC prefix and suffix Thompsons. No I don't have a copy. I quoted Cox on this board 10 -15 years ago but can't find it now. I don't believe he felt an NAC suffix was a "parts gun".

hawksnest,

There are many Thompson submachine guns with the NAC serial number suffix that are not parts guns. Key word, many. If the Thompson has a normal World War II serial number and the letters NAC after the serial number, there is a great chance the Thompson is not a parts guns. This is especially true if the frame and receiver have matching serial numbers. All that said, there are Thompsons with the letters NAC as a serial number suffix that are parts guns. Confusing? Very much so! Roger Cox did a great job with his book in 1982. But so much more is known today. I would guess based only on the description, the Thompson 1928A1 referenced by TSMGguy above, is not a parts gun.

All good stuff. Now to find NAC 8...

Edited by TD.

Tom,

I believe I gave you some extensive information on my NAC gun a few years ago. We talked on the phone and then I believe I sent you some photos.

My gun is M28A1 S/N 134532 NAC.

I attached some photos - original WWII fore-grip replaced by vertical.

Dave

post-1484-0-37108600-1602765232_thumb.jpg

post-1484-0-87787800-1602765279_thumb.jpg

post-1484-0-53856200-1602765306_thumb.jpg

post-1484-0-16515300-1602765356_thumb.jpg

post-1484-0-28584700-1602765424_thumb.jpg

Edited by drfcolt

Hi Dave,

We did speak several years ago about your NAC Thompson. Currently, I am reaching out to the owners of the NAC Thompsons manufactured by Numrich Arms with a Colt's receiver. You and several other owners are next on my list! That said, your NAC Thompson is an excellent example of a NAC Thompson with the letters NAC as a serial number suffix. Yes, the serial number appears like a normal World War II serial number but the nomenclature markings on your NAC Thompson are far from standard. The Freedom of Information Act request you made and the results were invaluable. Your NAC Thompson will be prominently featured in my next book. Thank you!

Has anyone seen NAC 8...