Sent my old WH off to Dan and he worked his magic again, added short barrel, correct Lyman rear sight, easy take down and mag catch mod. VERY happy and sits good with my other one perfectly

post-259979-0-20852400-1615913816_thumb.jpg

post-259979-0-15838000-1615913826_thumb.jpg

post-259979-0-92772000-1615913838_thumb.jpg

Edited by lamellarllc
  • Upvote 2

I did an eform1 on Sep 28,2020 & sent the print cards 3 or 4 days later with the cover letter. I just don't understand. Had to call FL Dept of ag (they do the CCW license) about my CCW, filed the very same day. They have a 90 day time limit by law to issue license or state reason why not. It is supposed to be in the mail now. Unfortunately no such time limit, that I know of with ATF {NFA). What a crock!

That's the federal gubmint for you.

I tried to eform my uzi and their system lost the photo I uploaded and somehow didn't save my questionaire answers.

You might want to sit tight. The entire industry is backlogged I can only imagine how many NFA applications must have been submitted. My silencer took about a year.

I'm just glad about the FL time-limit-by-law thing. Does anyone have the number of anyone to call about NFA? The advertised number is an automated system. I'd like to talk with a real person who can tell me what the actual hold-up is. Dan has my gun for all this time taking up space in his workshop, for this I do apologize. There is no doubt in my military mind that I will be very pleased with the result.

Karl

There is no 'hold up'.

It's the government. Combine that with the current panic buying..It'll get pushed through eventually. I'd expect at least 9 months if not a year and a half.

I waited over an hour for a phone check last night making a purchase of an M1A ... Everything is bogged down.

This kind of conversation is what drives me away from sbr-ing I'm trying to make myself comfortable with pinned comps and 14" barrels, but I admit it the idea galls me a little bit.

Here is how I look at it... Time passes regardless of whether or not you send off for the tax stamp. On one hand in 3, 6, 9, or 12 months from now you are that much older, and you have a cool correct looking Thompson! Or on the other hand in 3, 6, 9, or 12 months from now you are that much older, and have a cool not quite as correct looking Thompson. Either way enjoy! 😁

Adam

Well stated WW2, I'm just getting to where I don't handle aggravation well. I still don't even have a Thompson, and don't no when I will. Can't seem to find anything firearm related in stock. If and when the day comes and I can set down at the computer and order what I want from a wholesaler and have it delivered it to my dealer( if he still able to keep his doors open,bless his heart) not to mention reloading supplies, my mood will improve.